Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Discofan, Oct 23, 2018.
Excellent round! *applause*
I'll have to think on this. I'll post a clue in the late morning.
Dear Hopeful as always you are very kind and motivating. (I try every new round to have another concept for the clues. This time was not promising one, imho. )
Sekundant, you do indeed do a great job with the clues. And you clearly have a lot of fun with this... which is, of course, the point of this game. But the high level of joy just oozes from your posts, and that's an awesome thing. I applaud you.
Now, first clue...
1. If they don't get you, another 100 or so years will finish you off.
Thank you Farscape . I consider myself a very lucky person who can care about the things at fifth layers of Mashlow's hierarchy of needs (which can be changed in seconds) . All the same, I believe that permanently happiness is not possible. So we have only happy moments. So I try ( not always successfully) making more of them and I am thankful to everyone who shares his/her moments with me.
I was completely and utterly baffled by the clues. This was the ultimate in effective torture. Which means your clues were great.
Farscape One guessed the episode. Which means Farscape One's Sherlocking skills are great.
That is all.
The Borg assimilated you.
2. Different versions.
"Dear Doctor" maybe?
You let a civilization go extinct.
Your descendants are dead.
3. Ironically sunny.
In a Mirror, Darkly
You get a sunburn.
You lost the Enterprise.
4. A useful device.
I wish I get a sunburn, now.
Rogue Planet, I would say..
"TWILIGHT" is indeed the answer! To explain...
1. If they don't get you, another 100 or so years will finish you off... The surviving humans end up on Ceti Alpha V, and if the Xindi that are hunting them don't kill them, the future destruction of Ceti Alpha VI will likely finish them off.
2. Different versions... T'Pol tells Archer that she has told the same story in different ways. Sometimes the full version, sometimes a shorter one.
3. Ironically sunny... The day outside on the planet was sunny, but given all Archer heard, it must feel VERY dark.
4. A useful device... Tucker says he should write a 'thank you' letter to Shran for giving them shield generators.
Your turn, T'Ressa Dax.
Wow, I finally got one right! Now I have to come up with a clue as good as yours.
1. Better than the Vulcans
You have already better guesses
I can go with any random Andorian episode for your clue but.. Well.. "Dawn" ?
Apparently I need to get even better! You are correct, Archer established better relations in one day than the Vulcans could in a century.
Achh.Honestly, I never liked Dawn too much. I never get why we have to have another "Enemy Mine" story, unless something very special like " Darmok" . . It would be great e.g. if they made Hoshi and T'Pol trapped in a wild/ unfriendly planet to give some deepness to their relationship and characters.
I keep two things in my mind from the episode:
-What we understand as water, can be different type of "water" for another life forms. Great idea.
-Issue with the Vulcans.
You shouldn't know this.
So, practice makes the master. Try it again!
Separate names with a comma.