Free Games!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Robert Maxwell, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Product keys are used to add games to your library, but these keys are only produced when supplied by third parties or the software developers themselves. If you buy a game directly on Steam, you will never see a product key unless the game has its own key system separate from Steam. (Some games do this to lock in-game content that they don't want to manage through Steam's existing DLC system.)

Once a game is in your Steam library, you can download it and play it. You need only have Steam running in order to play the game once it has been downloaded. Steam will also keep it up-to-date for you.

Gary7 likes this.
  2. Gary7

Gary7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks @Robert Maxwell -- the gaming world sure has made some amazing strides forward over the last 10 years. I've stayed away mostly because I'd get easily drawn in by the immersive worlds created and lose track of time. If you don't have a lot of familial obligations, it's scary how fast the free time can get sucked away by games.

3. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Vice Admiral Admiral

If you have a Uplay account you can get World Of Conflict Complete Edition for free through the Uplay pc software for this week and next week Assassin's Creed Black Flag next week...

Random_Spock likes this.
  4. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll probably never play it, but it's hard to argue with free. In the process of doing so I realised I also have Asscreed 3, Watch_Dogs & Blood Dragon on Uplay and entirely forgot they were there!

5. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry about the double post everyone but 'Grim Fandango Remastered' is now free on GOG for a limited time. If you've never played this before, now's your chance. All time classic Lucasarts adventure game!

Also, if you already own the likes of Limbo, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, the Homeworld games and a whole bunch of others on Steam, you can also claim them on GOG Connect. Why do that you ask? Well aside from it being wise to have as many of your games as possible on multiple download platforms in case one goes tits up (never say never!) GOG's copies are DRM free, making them much easier and safer to archive than it is on Steam.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    SPCTRE likes this.