Fox orders pilot for new 24 series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Eric Cartman

2. Captaindemotion

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Walking and talking hallway conversations, crazy alternate universe presidential histories, VPs leaving mid-term, invoking the 25th Amendment, fake countries, CTU, and now President Smits in both? I smell crossover. ;)

CTU is also mentioned in The West Wing, Season 4, Episode 5 at 05:50, by President Bartlet on a telephone conference after having received the latest news about a military conflict between Israel and the fictional Arabic state of Qumar. Ken Kato says (over phone): "Sir, It's Ken. On your order, we'll put CTU on high alert."
    http://24.wikia.com/wiki/Counter_Terrorist_Unit

And from there, we can connect it to Star Trek, because West Wing also has the Botany Bay, probably as part of the same classified program that gave us the secret military space shuttle and the President's secret plan to fight inflation. ;)

[​IMG]

DarKush and Captaindemotion like this.
  4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll give a shot and see how a Jack-less 24 goes.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Carlos Bernard has joined the show in a recurring capacity. Tony Almeida is back!

Captaindemotion likes this.
  7. Captaindemotion

Hopefully he redeems himself.

And hopefully Jack is next.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if Kiefer was up for it, I'm sure he's way too busy with Designated Survivor (although perhaps he could be persuaded to play a scene via FaceTime or something like that).

And it's not like he could just pop over for a visit, 'cause DS is filmed in Toronto and AFAIK, 24 is still L.A. based.

9. Captaindemotion

We don't know how long it will run for, though. Plus AFAIK, he retains a production credit on 24 (could be wrong there, of course).

10. Captaindemotion

New trailer. Looks pretty good.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

To be fair, production credits do tend to be handed out rather liberally, don't they? Doesn't mean Kiefer is actively involved in the making of the show. They could have just slapped his name on it as an afterthought.

12. Captaindemotion

That is probably the case. But as far as I know, there's been no fall-out with the show makers, he just didn't want to return full time as Jack. Besides, with these truncated seasons, it seems to be easier for actors to move between different shows at or around the same time. The legends of tomorrow boys in prison break. Anderson and Duchovny doing x-files in between The Fall and Aquarius.

I agree that he's unlikely to appear in this season of it but I wouldn't rule out a future guest appearance.

13. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it after watching the trailer. It seemed very generic Middle Eastern bad guy action show to me. Of course I will give it a chance, but nothing really grabbed me as special about it.

14. Aragorn

Other than season 4, I think the generic Middle Eastern villain on 24 always gave way to the power-hungry, money-grubbing American in a business suit as the real bad guy.

Captaindemotion likes this.
  15. Aragorn

Anyone watch this? Feels like more of the same. New guy is supposed to be inexperienced at this sort of domestic terrorism thing, but he sure hits the exact same beats as Jack Bauer. There is nothing in the pilot that hasn't been done on 24 before, including stupid characters who do stupid things to make the plot last longer, and subplots that will probably drag everything else down.

16. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched it.. Up until my DVR cut off because the football postgame ran late (grrrrr)... Enjoyed it well enough.. I don't have a problem with it being 24 for 24's sake. I really like the original show's formula.. The story line hooked me enough to watch some more.

17. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Watched the first two episodes. Found somethings were kinder predictable. But I'll watch next week.

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Starts here next week. I'll probably tune in, but just off the trailer, it feels like more of the same.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Can the new guy make it across Los Angeles in 5 minutes like Jack used to do? :lol:

20. Aragorn

It took him all of 15 minutes to plan an execute robbing a police station's evidence room. Does that count? He's still there going into episode 3 though.