FLASH series being developed for The CW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can be a pain...but as someone mentioned, it helps ratings (and giving us the opportunity to watch more of it). I usually miss Arrow, anyways, & watch it on demand. But Flash is something i can watch with my kids before bedtime.

My point is people watching Flash will likely stay tuned to Agents of Shield...or better (for the show), returning fans of Agent of Shield will be VERY likely to tune in an hour earlier for Flash, to make Tuesday comic heroes night. (And re-runs of Flash also benefit from new Agent Carter episodes...so catching an even bigger potential audience)

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, with all these new shows and movies it is definitely a good time to be a superhero fan.

Now if only the studios would give a little more love to the space opera. :(

3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Why's he so damn young?

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many superhero TV shows does someone have to watch before they're drawn into a comic shop.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The actor is 24. That's a decent age. When the show ends, he'll be 34.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

He's not young, you're getting old.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I subscribe to Crunchyroll and Netflix, so I do support TV shows that way. When companies provide me with a convenient way to watch shows legally, like those two services has done, I will happily pay to watch their shows. It's all about convenience. I can't wait until the day that all shows premiere on a Netflix like service.

I'm hoping that HBO Go will offer an online-only subscription in the near future, but since HBO is owned by Time Warner that seems unlikely.

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Jesus, is that still on? Are they planning to stop when they beat Bonanza, or are they shooting for Gunsmoke?

9. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Wow, that trailer was...slow.

10. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SMALLVILLE lasted 10 seasons. :shrug:

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They will be adding HBO shows to Amazon Prime's lineup of free TV shows later this month.

As for The Flash, I loved the trailer. My only familiarity with The Flash comes from the DCAU and animated movies, but based on those it looks like they did a good job with the character. I had already been really looking forward to this, but now I'm really really looking forward to this.

12. The Old Mixer

And about twice as long as it should have....

Did anyone else even work at STAR Labs on that show? As I recall, they always seemed to have the run of the place. Sort of like the Daily Planet staff consisting of four people on the old TV show.

Don't you have to be a Nielsen household for that?

Not sure I follow the logic of that...."Stay tuned" traditionally refers to staying tuned to the same channel. Either network would rather you watch the show before/after their show than hop over to their rival.

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know...I liked the 2nd half, with a lot more references to the greater DC universe (and Superman mythos), rather than just Kryponite Freak of the Week.

Not necessarily. Comcast digital boxes, I believe, can provide ratings info. I don't believe they make those numbers public,however.

You're right -- it's not good for the network. But for the viewer...one can make Tuesday "comics hero night", kinda like how Thursday was "must see TV" with NBC comedies. ANd it'd be a good night for TrekBBS -- the Sci-Fi forum will be jumpin' that night!

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Right. I've been listening to the '40s Superman radio series on the Internet Archive lately, and what's amusing is that the radio version of Clark Kent is really, really bad at keeping his secret identity, constantly making slips of the tongue or taking credit for doing things that are inexplicable without super powers (like getting from one city to another in minutes), and Jimmy and Lois are routinely asking him suspicious questions about how he did X or how he knew Y or what he meant when he said Z, but it never occurs to them to wonder if he's actually Superman.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Certainly, it's good for my Tuesdays. But I probably would have been happy with my Wednesdays being Arrow and Flash instead. I'm glad Agents of SHIELD and Flash aren't directly competing, but I'm not sure why Flash and Arrow aren't on the same night.

16. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably because they're confident that The Flash will perform strongly enough that it doesn't need a lead-in and can be a self-starter at 8pm, leaving the post-Arrow timeslot to shows that do need a strong lead-in (The 100 in the fall and whatever airs there, maybe iZombie, in mid-season).

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. Older episodes only.
    2. Only available in the US.

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Didn't the blind guy from Becker work there too? Or was he a cop?

19. The Old Mixer

Cop...he was Barry's pal Julio at the police lab.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Alex Désert's character, Julio, was Barry's partner in the police crime lab, not STAR. (By the way, Désert also voiced Nick Fury in Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.)