First Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Methuselah Flint, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

The first STAR TREK episode I saw on NBC (in 1969 - I was 6 and really interested in Space at the time with the Apollo moon missions, and that was why I wanted to see STAR TREK when I saw it listed in our TV Guide) was "Elaan Of Troyius"

I was hooked from that point up to today.:angel:

Neopeius and Phaser Two like this.
  2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I've said before but Court Martial for me back in 1970! And I was not that impressed despite my school friends telling me just how good Star Trek was!!! :crazy:
    JB

Neopeius and Spock's Barber like this.
  3. Falconer

Falconer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For me it was Miri. Still not my favorite episode, but the characters and the format shone through, and I watched 1 or 2 more episodes that night. Then I went back and watched The Corbomite Maneuver with my wife, and she was immediately hooked too, so we watched the whole series together.

4. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Yeah, CM bores me as much as Perry Mason or Matlock. Too much talk and not enough action.

johnnybear likes this.
  5. Henoch

Henoch Commodore Premium Member

Tangent: There is a new Perry Mason TV series this season. I think it is a period piece, maybe set in the 1940's or 50's?

Spock's Barber likes this.
  6. Neopeius

Neopeius Admiral Admiral

I really hope you'll join me in 1966 when we go through Trek "for the first time"... if you can channel your younger self!

johnnybear likes this.
  7. MAGolding

MAGolding Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"The Man Trap" September 8, 1966.

8. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I would have been about three and a half years old. My grandparents had taken me to see Star Wars in '77 and I was learning to read and recognised the word "Star" in the TV Guide (but not "Trek") and thought Star Wars was on TV. Instead I watched Devil in the Dark. I don't know what exactly appealed to me as a kid that age but that was it. I was hooked.

Growing up in SW Ontario not far from Lake Erie we could get WUAB Channel 43 out of Cleveland OH and WSEE Channel 35 out of Erie PA. Both showed Star Trek and I wound up with about 40 episodes taped... on Beta.

9. Vger23

Vger23 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was about the same age when my dad sat me down in front of a 6pm syndicated rerun of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" on WLVI Channel 56 out of Boston in order to distract me for long enough for he and my mom to cook dinner.

I was IMMEDIATELY obsessed with the show.

41 years later, I don't feel any different whatsoever.

10. Winterwind

Another show I watched all the time as a kid was Starsky and Hutch. In fact my wife and I are doing a re-watch right now and, aside from David Soul obviously, so many guest stars showing up there also did guest roles on Star Trek. I should have kept a list but there are at least a dozen so far and we're half done S3.

Nakita Akita and Vger23 like this.
  11. johnnybear

There are a plethora of Trek actors in Starsky & Hutch! It's great fun to watch for them in this show and many others of the period! :techman:
    JB

Winterwind likes this.
  12. Talos IV

Talos IV Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"The Corbomite Maneuever," when a Dallas UHF station began airing reruns in 1975. They skipped "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and started with "Corbomite."

I remember watching it with my grandmother and thinking, "Well, this isn't LOST IN SPACE, is it?" (Since I liked LOST IN SPACE also, I had mixed feelings about it.)

Not a bad episode to start with!

13. Winterwind

Ah... Sherry Jackson... :)

But yes, a plethora indeed.

And Fred Freiberger penned four episodes. I never felt he deserved the ire for S3 of Star Trek. The poor man was in a thankless, unenviable position.

Spock's Barber and Vger23 like this.
  14. johnnybear

Sherry Jackson as Denise Girard in The Bounty Hunter is a definite highlight of the series! :techman:
    JB

15. Falconer

Falconer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You’d think Dr. Korby could have made a few more Andreas in that cloning device of his, done us all a favor.

johnnybear, Spock's Barber and Henoch like this.
  16. MANT!

MANT! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5 years old, Sept 8, '66.."The Man Trap"! That salt Vampire scared the living crap outta me, and I was hooked for LIFE.. it's a monkey on my back..but I LOVE the monkey!

17. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

He tried, but he must have pushed the wrong buttons...

18. johnnybear

He did!!! Every time you see Sherry Jackson in any other show she's one of Korby's select androids that got away from Exo-Three!!! ;)
    JB

19. ssosmcin

ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No idea, but I remember it always being part of my life, I was born in 1967 and as early as 4 years old, I remember being a fan. I got my whole family into it.

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  20. CDP

CDP Commodore Commodore

My first memory of Star Trek was Kirk and Spock hunting the Horta in the caves of Janus 6 in what i now know to be the Devil in the Dark.

It would have been in the late 70's or very early 80's. i was watching on the BBC with my best friend (still is) and i remember that as soon as it finished we used Mechano to make phaser's to play with.

Happy days :)