Firefly reboot on Disney+ (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ITDUDE, Feb 17, 2021.

1. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Now you're just reminding me of Tron: Uprising, which was also great and canceled after one season.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, I'm still pissed at Disney's treatment of that show (the constant scheduling changes that prevented the show from building an audience and then it was canceled for low ratings, go fucking figure). I really loved that show even if the animation style was a little hard to get use to at first.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Firefly: The Next Generation. New ship and new crew, but we keep the same world. That's the way to do it.

Or just watch the live action Cowboy Bebop. Same thing.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Disney's Firefly:

Malcolm Reynolds has vanished. In his absence, the sinister BLUE SUN CORPORATION has risen from the ashes of the Alliance and will not rest until Reynolds, the last Browncoat, has been destroyed.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd watch it.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be against a Firefly reboot in general, but I can't really see a "family friendly" version working. The whole premise of the show is one that would be really hard to pull off without a fair amount of darkness and violence.
    And if we ever did get more Firefly, the one absolute certainty is that Joss Whedon would not be involved.

7. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Me too. I really loved the direction it was going. Yes, the animation was a bit jarring at first, but it wasn't long before I was used to it.

The Nth Doctor likes this.