Firebird's Sketch of the Week Series

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Firebird, Apr 28, 2021.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

One cartoon made fun of Grand Hotel I think.

Love Bogie

Firebird and Sgt_G like this.
  2. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Short and sweet this week with just one drawing, a tie-in to the latest episode of EVA-Trek, "Learn to Fly."

Drawing 441 / 2023 Artwork 114: Scene 19A, INT. TRAINING ENTRY PLUG (OPTICAL), take 3. Crewman Kensuke Aida confidently learns the ropes before his Eva, the USS Matsushiro, is delivered to the USS Nerv for shakedown cruise and initial flight checks.
    [​IMG]

Cyfa, Santaman, blssdwlf and 3 others like this.
  3. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice one, I like the colours a lot. :mallory::techman:

Firebird likes this.
  4. Firebird

Drawing 442 / 2023 Artwork 115: Cold-weather Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku.
    [​IMG]

Drawing 443 / 2023 Artwork 116: "I have to go to the bank today..." Craig Pelton as the Duali-Dean of Man from Community.
    [​IMG]

publiusr, Cyfa, Santaman and 2 others like this.
  5. Santaman

Nice! :mallory::techman:

Firebird likes this.
  6. Firebird

Managed to carve out some time for a couple drawings after finishing getting episode 15 of EVA-Trek, Friend of a Friend, released this week.

Drawing 444 / 2023 Artwork 117: When this drawing gets up to 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
    [​IMG]

Drawing 445 / 2023 Artwork 118: Yor Forger, the Thorn Princess, from Spy x Family.
    [​IMG]

StarCruiser, C-Dub, publiusr and 3 others like this.
  7. Santaman

Nice work on the DeLorean, as for the green haired young lady, really well done. :mallory::techman:

Firebird likes this.
  8. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

I'm not familiar with the character, but the Thorn Princess has a great look for her title - plenty of points and spikes. I especially like her lashes - and you've drawn & coloured her eyes sublimely, as per usual :bolian:

Firebird likes this.
  9. Firebird

Drawing 446 / 2023 Artwork 119: The magnificent, manipulating bastard himself, Gendo Ikari.
    [​IMG]

Drawing 447 / 2023 Artwork 120: Madoka Ayukawa from Kimagure Orange Road.
    [​IMG]

StarCruiser, Cyfa, publiusr and 2 others like this.
  10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Firebird likes this.
  11. Santaman

Well done as usual. :techman:

Firebird likes this.
  12. Firebird

Drawing 448 / 2023 Artwork 121: A quick sketch of Chris Pine's Kirk from Star Trek Beyond because I realized that the Kelvin Timeline uniforms were the only Starfleet variants I haven't drawn before.
    [​IMG]

Drawing 449 / 2023 Artwork 122: Provisional Lieutenant J.G. T'Lyn from Lower Decks, but anime style.
    [​IMG]

Honestly surprised I managed to find the energy for these two drawings this weekend. I've been plowing full speed ahead on finishing the last of the script outlines for EVA-Trek, and that's been taking up a considerable amount of my time of late. On the bright side, I'll lock down the last two episodes in the coming week. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Also on the EVA-Trek front, I'm kinda interested in getting someone to make renders of a Galaxy-class starship with the USS Nerv livery on it, as well as a fellow illustrator to take some of the load off my shoulders as I bring the series in for a landing over the next few months. I simply don't have the time or bandwidth available to get all this writing done on schedule and pump out sketches of scenes from new episodes.

Santaman, Cyfa, publiusr and 2 others like this.
  13. Cyfa

Chris Pine Kirk looks good, but he also reminds me a little of a kindly TOS McCoy. The eyebrows are unmistakably Chris Pine's, though.
    Anime T'yn is amazing! I wonder if she's looking askance at Boimler as he's doing something ridiculous? :rommie:

Good luck getting some help with the starship and scenes - I hope you find someone/some people :bolian:

Firebird likes this.
  14. Santaman

Nice! :techman:

Firebird likes this.
  15. Firebird

This week's offerings are a pair of concept art for the next episode of EVA-Trek (coming 2023.12.08), where I created a new alien race called the Brenlaui, a xenophobic culture who live in the far regions of the Alpha Quadrant, beyond the extents of Cardassian and Federation space.

Drawing 450 / 2023 Artwork 123: A Brenlaui Cruiser, done in the style of a John Eaves sketch. Embracing the tradition of reusing existing ship models in the Berman era, I repurposed the Miradorn Theta-class Raider as the basic design. From there, I made little tweaks and changes, including outboard warp nacelles. In-universe, the Brenlaui are approximately technologically equal to the Federation.
    [​IMG]

Drawing 451 / 2023 Artwork 124: Iretalcs, a Prelate of the Brenlaui Empire. Brenlaui are very tall, essentially anthropomorphic penguins. The basic face design comes from the Erect-Crested Penguin. Iretalcs' costume design has ecclesiastical notes, with vibrant colors meant to echo the costume designs of William Ware Theiss.
    [​IMG]

16. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

^^^^ love the battle cruiser !!!

Firebird likes this.
  17. Cyfa

And I love the Brenlaui! :bolian: (And your thinking around the design of their ship)

Firebird likes this.
  18. Firebird

I’m always thinking how TNG’s art department would’ve handled things any time I need to design something period-appropriate for EVA-Trek, with an eye towards fast and affordable in the best television production tradition. Ends up being pretty handy when I’m in a time crunch and need to get sketches done between finishing episode drafts. No need to start at complete zero!

Cyfa likes this.
  19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Firebird likes this.
  20. Santaman

Nice work. :mallory::techman:

Firebird likes this.