Firebird's Sketch of the Week Series

Drawing 426 / 2023 Artwork 99: Lt. J.G. Kimolu and Moopsy.
m1Tf7LB.jpg

Drawing 427 / 2023 Artwork 100
: Spider-Pig
FMRiXJn.jpg

Drawing 428 / 2023 Artwork 101: Madoka Ayukawa from Kimagure Orange Road.
VgKRBvb.jpg

I've just been catching up with your awesome art, so sorry for spamming you with loads of likes and quotes :rommie:

Drawing 382 / 2023 Artwork 55: When Beckett Mariner starts going through a shonen manga phase, she forces Boimler to tag along when they play through Gintama.
~ I love your Mariner & Boimler drawings, and this one is no different!

Drawing 395 / 2023 Artwork 68: Reiko Kujirai from Kowloon Generic Romance. I just discovered the series this week, and though it was a slow burn, it has a twist at the end of the first volume that's resulted in me saying "what the fuck" in a good way every other chapter since. Definitely a recommended read.
~ I'm fascinated by the highlight across her hair - very well done.

Drawing 402 / 2023 Artwork 75: My rendition of the cover to Genesis' album Invisible Touch. Drawing concentric circles by hand were a gigantic pain in the ass.
~ Amazing!

Drawing 408 / 2023 Artwork 81: Nino Nakano from The Quintessential Quintuplets tries on one of the Lower Decks uniforms.
~ Your rendition of the LDS uniform looks so crisp and clean. I want one!

Drawing 418 / 2023 Artwork 91: Duck Dodgers in the 24th and Three-Quarters Century.
~ :rommie:

Drawing 423 / 2023 Artwork 96: Ensign Boimler, hard at work.
~ Boimler looks a little older/more mature than normal here. I can't exactly put my finger on why? It's still an excellent drawing, though.

Drawing 426 / 2023 Artwork 99: Lt. J.G. Kimolu and Moopsy.
~ I hope they're friends, as Kimolu is one of my favourite characters. In fact, I'm wearing a Kimolu t-shirt right now!

Drawing 429 / 2023 Artwork 102: A 40-minute drawing of Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku.
z0f5Myn.jpg

Drawing 430 / 2023 Artwork 103: Lieutenant Junior Grade Asuka L. Soryu of the USS Nerv.
kW5CpYN.jpg

Drawing 431 / 2023 Artwork 104: Power and Meowy from Chainsaw Man.
UUapYzN.jpg

Song 2 / 2023 Composition 2: The EVA-Trek commercial bumper fanfare, which combines Alexander Courage's signature Star Trek fanfare with "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Evangelion. In future episodes, this will be placed between acts two and three.

Song 3 / 2023 Composition 3: The EVA-Trek end title theme and credit sequence. This was a fun one to put together, doing some slight reorchestrations of the main theme, and coming up with the title cards. I threw something fun in towards the end that 90's Trek fans might appreciate.

Bit of a busy week for me - as such, there was only enough time for a couple drawings. On the plus side, it's looking fairly likely I'll have at least seven episodes of EVA-Trek in a releasable condition by the time the WGA strike ends... which seems like that's gonna be any day now.

Drawing 432 / 2023 Artwork 105: Tsukuyo from Gintama in a bit of a minimalist artstyle.
PqFniXI.jpg

Drawing 433 / 2023 Artwork 106: Family Guy's Peter Griffin looks how I feel after I realized I'll be entering my late 30's in the next few days...
68dpwuF.jpg

Feeling a tad bit burnt-out this week... as such, I'm not 100% happy with the drawings I did. I might be ramping down to just a single drawing a week, mainly because I've gotta start prepping EVA-Trek to post twice a month beginning October 13th since the writer's strike is over.

Drawing 434 / 2023 Artwork 107: Garfield, who's been my spirit animal since I was a kid.
6cIENtI.jpg

Drawing 435 / 2023 Artwork 108: Lt. J.G. D'Vana Tendi. I wanted to experiment with more dynamic poses, but I'm not totally sure it came out how I was hoping.
tFG0J82.jpg

Well, Tendi is pretty dynamic! I hope that's zero-G in the holodeck and she's not falling? :D

I'm not surprised you feel a bit burnt out what with all the fantastic art you produce - You definitely deserve a slowdown/break.
(I think Tendi's torso may be a tad long - perhaps that's why you're unhappy with it?)

I think I'm just in a bit of a slow ebb at the moment, although the wonky anatomy keeps jumping out at me.

Drawing 436 / 2023 Artwork 109: A little 90's nostalgia from A Goofy Movie.
tBNWYHA.jpg

Drawing 437 / 2023 Artwork 110: Makoto Sawatari from Kanon, a show I binged for the first time yesterday, and was promptly destroyed by. One of the best anime series I've seen that I'll never have the strength to ever watch again.
p41H5es.jpg

A very sparse week at Studio Firebird, unfortunately, with just a single drawing due to other factors... including being down nearly all of yesterday thanks to the new Covid booster. That little bastard wiped me out for almost a full 24 hours on my major weekly drawing day.

Before that, however, I was finally able to bring EVA-Trek back in service, now that the writer's strike has concluded. Now that I've created opening/closing themes, and a custom Galaxy-class version of the Paramount+ Trek franchise bumper, new episodes should feel like you're sitting down to watch a real episode. I'm so glad I've started posting the series on Ao3, which allows for me to create the audio/visual experience I've always had in my head: EVA-Trek 1x13 - "Lonely As You"

Drawing 438 / 2023 Artwork 111: Eiai Nano from The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You.
70hCPjP.jpg

Back