Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

[DavidAttenbouroughvoice] And here, we are witnessing the rare demonstration of the cuddle-pile. [/DavidAttenboroughvoice]

Velocity, think, StarCruiser and 5 others like this.
  3. think

think About it! Premium Member

4. Gary Mitchell

This cat must be part changeling.
    [​IMG]

Velocity, think, Avro Arrow and 5 others like this.
  5. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

They are hilarious! The kitten has to relearn for herself the sad fact she doesn’t like coffee. Every morning. I think she just likes the challenge, lol.

6. Gary Mitchell

I'm going to get you for this. You had better sleep with one eye open.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, who wears a tie with a Hawaiian shirt?

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

"Roar! I'm the mighty lion. Fear me! Wait, wha... No, dammit! Fear me! FEAR ME!!! FEAR!!! ME!!! No?! Oh, fuckit, then."

Nights got cooler and wetter, and the landlord's cat is back at my window. He really likes my beard.

StarCruiser and Gary Mitchell like this.
  8. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I guess she is just going to be 11 pounds. She looks okay to me. And she is very happy. Do any of you have fireplaces or wood burning stoves? Does your cat love to lay near them? We just had our first fire in our new wood burning stove and our cat lay in her bed on the window cell near it and just watched the fire and purred and purred and slept. Thank you for all the responses on her weight. I feel better about it now. She is healthy and that is the important thing. She is 11 years old and we have had her for 3 years now.

KimMH, StarCruiser and Gary Mitchell like this.
  9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

10. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

You know, if that was the antenna on my car, I might not find it that cute. But luckily, I don't have a car, so that's definitely not my car, and therefore, yes, it's cute.

StarCruiser likes this.
  11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Last night I was talking to somebody and I see this cat wandering around, obviously looks like it doesn't have a home. Normally homeless cats where I was at, don't come close and sort of shuffle away if too much noise is made.

Took a chance and called out to it. It came over, kept some distance and didn't go away, so I went to my car and pulled out the one can of cat food I had left, for such an occasion, and continued calling out to it. When I pulled the lid open, it knew the sound and came closer and got excited. I left the food behind, went back to talking with the person I was talking to, to give the cat distance.

I periodically looked back an the white tail-less cat with orange and black parts, licked the can clean over half an hour and waiting. So, when I was done talking, I walked over and sat down and put my hands out and called for the kitty. With a little hesitation it came over and within less than two minutes I spent an hour petting the cat. It loves to be pet.

I even tempted kisses and it raised it head up and butted me in the face with a cat kiss.

Then it even walked into my lap and sat a while before I had to stop.

Instant homeless cat friend!

[​IMG]

12. Gary Mitchell

We had an outdoor cat named Daisy. We had to have her put down almost a year ago. Anyway, she was a small cat so when we saw other stray cats around the neighborhood we would keep an eye out for her.

One day, an ugly dirty "white" cat was walking down the sidewalk. He looked like trouble. I don't know what he did to this bird but the bird was following him and kept pecking him near the base of his tail. It must have been happening for awhile because the cat was just dejectedly walking along, not paying the bird any attention.

The next day I went outside to feed Daisy and the cat walked up and just sat next to her. She didn't seem to mind and I gave "Bruce" the rest of her food. Bruce would come around 4 or 5 times a week for several months to be fed. He must have been abused by someone. He only let me pet him twice for a few seconds.

A few times we would see Bruce laying out in the sun in our back yard. One day he just never came back.

KimMH, Velocity and StarCruiser like this.
  13. auntiehill

I have to take Junior into the vet at 7 am tomorrow (ugh) because he's having two procedures done. This will be the first time I've had to have him anesthetized (he was fixed as a kitten, and I didn't get him until he was 10 months). I'm really starting to get anxious. I'm worried that something will go wrong or they'll find out he has some horrible illness.

14. Gary Mitchell

Sending positive vibes. :techman:

KimMH, StarCruiser and auntiehill like this.
  15. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

16. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

We're all sure that Junior will come through just fine. Though he'll probably be very unimpressed at having been to the vet.

KimMH, StarCruiser and auntiehill like this.
  17. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

Considering how healthy (and LARGE) he looks, I don't think you need to worry all that much.

18. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

There used to be a Kitler who visited our backyard at odd times. He would show up and hope to catch a bird by our birdfeeders, but he wouldn't come close to us. He'd just stare at me when I called him and leave if I approached. I still miss him though. I'm a sucker for black and white cats, especially kitlers.

StarCruiser and Gary Mitchell like this.
  19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

are there any updates on Junior?

20. auntiehill

He's home, wearing a soft collar---he is SO not happy. But his teeth were better than the vet thought, so luckily, none got pulled. He gets the stitches out of his backside in 10 days. I also have to give him antibiotics for a few days. I'm a little anxious about the growth--will have to wait for the test results on that.

KimMH and StarCruiser like this.