February Art Challenge: The Good Ol' 21st Century

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Albertese, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Ever since the original series, Star Trek has presented us with a vision of the future that was optimistic where humanity had worked out the kinks and was on to bigger and better things. But there were a few bumps along the way. The 21st century was an interesting period, full of progress, destruction, and ultimately the seeds were planted that led to the foundations of the Federation and generally peaceful conditions that humans of the twenty-third Century and beyond enjoy.

Star Trek's vision of the twenty-first Century included such milestones as the launch of the Nomad space probe, the first Earth-Saturn Probe commanded by Shaun Geoffrey Christopher, The admission of at least two more states into the union, The discovery of warp drive by Zepheram Cochrane, The first contact with alien species, and the launch of the Valiant on a mission to the galactic barrier. But it was a time of trouble as well. Most notably World War III and the nuclear holocaust that resulted from that.

For this month's art challenge, let's have a look at Star Trek's twenty-first Century. This isn't the century we know today, but, rather, the deep background for the stories we've seen on our favorite TV show. What was the Eastern Coalition about? Who were those dudes in the silver suits with the fist-guns in "Encounter At Farpoint"? What would a geo-political map of the Earth circa 2055 look like? Let's actually see the Charybdis! Show us the stadium where the last World Series game was played where only 300 spectators showed up to see Buck Bokai bat for the London Kings!

Let's have a look at Star Trek's vision of the twenty-first Century!

As usual e-mail your entry to ptrope at his gmail account by month's end.

And above all, have fun!

--Alex

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Albertese

Wow, guys, really? The month is half over and no one's throwing down for the February challenge? I'm sorry, guys. I should have come up with a better challenge I guess...

Well, I've started one, look for my thread where I'm painting a digital painting of the S.S. Valiant.

Better luck next time I suppose.

--Alex

3. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

there's always at least one or two entries at the last minute, i wouldn't worry.

4. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I have an idea but haven't had a chance to work on it yet...

5. Albertese

Yeah, I figure everyone's playing with their new free Daz 3D software...

--Alex

6. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I have AN idea, but I haven't the skill to pull it off. The 21st Century is kind of light on spaceships that haven't already been done. :p

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Something SLS based maybe?

8. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm hoping to have mine finished today.

9. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Have a picture of someone smashing a television to bits. >: )