Feb. Art Contest - The Lensman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Lensman, Mar 1, 2009.

1. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Well I'm submitting this entry from Nov. art contest since it fits this mode better.

[​IMG]

I have e-mailed it as well, Ptrope.

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome!

Kirby lives!

3. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the art have to be created for the contest itself?

4. The Lensman

To be honest, I don't know.

IIRC, in that contest, a piece from a previous contest had been re-entered with a couple of minor tweaks.

Also, this entry from me did not win before, so I don't see why it should be exempt from being re-entered.

Either way, I'll accept whatever Ptrope decides....I'm not really interested in arguing the matter.

5. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

As much as I like this piece, I also know that I liked it a lot the last time it was entered.

Although we've occasionally managed to admit pre-existing art into the challenges, it was unintentional, as we do ask that the art for each challenge be created for this specific challenge, and not be an existing one that fits the current criteria. I don't know of any admissions that have been entered in previous challenges, tweaked or not. If I hadn't known this piece already, and no mention had been made of its pre-existence, it probably would've gotten in, but neither is the case. None of that diminishes the fact that it's a great piece, but I'm afraid, especially now that the forum FAQ explicitly documents the "new art" requirement, that I can't include it in the poll.

Sorry, The Lensman. We haven't seen you around here quite as much; I hope this won't keep you off the forum.

6. The Lensman

Everything's cool Ptrope. I've always found you to be fair and a positive force on this forum....I enjoy it too much to be kept away.

To clarify my "not interested in arguing"....I'm dealing with a family tragedy right now and just figured it'd be best to get the final word on the matter one way or the other.
    Again, everything is fine.

Thanks for the kind words about the entry though.

PS for everyone.....

When addressing me personally, you don't have to use the "The". Just "Lensman". :)