Favorite 'Little' Moments Of VOYAGER...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Farscape One, Oct 17, 2018.

1. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Tuvok: You’re in love with a computer subroutine?

2. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

JANEWAY: Did the alien follow you?
    TUVOK: He did.
    JANEWAY: And then?
    TUVOK: He watched me.
    JANEWAY: Doing what?
    TUVOK: Getting dressed.
    JANEWAY: Getting dressed?
    TUVOK: Yes.
    JANEWAY: I don't suppose I should ask why you were undressed.
    TUVOK: I would prefer that you didn't.

3. John Anthony

John Anthony Cadet Newbie

From "Shattered" when the "past" Janeway says to Chakotay, "Are you going to be lecturing me like this for the next seven years?" There were a lot of good moments in that episode- one of my favorites.

FreddyE likes this.
  4. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

When we see the Doc in the future ("Before And After"), he has hair! I mean did it take him that long to learn how to instruct the computer on how to put hair on his holographic self?:D

5. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Our first introduction to Leola root:
    [Neelix has given Chakotay leola root to taste; yet after one bite he spits it out again in utter disgust]

Commander Chakotay:
    You expect us to eat this?

Neelix:
    This is the reason I brought you here, Commander! There's no better source of vitamins or minerals in the quadrant than in this... this ugly little root.

Commander Chakotay:
    I'd find the second best source acceptable if it tasted better.

Neelix:
    [laughing] You Humans! You're not used to roughing it, are you? Well, you take it from one who knows. The day may come when you'll relish every last crunch of leola. Stewed for a few hours in a light herbal broth, ah, you wouldn't even notice the mildew.

Refuge likes this.
  6. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

This is in my sig, but it's one of my favorite VOY moments. :lol:

"I'm curious captain, exactly what are you looking for?"
    "I need to know if we did serious harm to this lifeform."
    "Let's see, you ran your ship through it, fired phasers at it, and blew a hole in it with a photon torpedo. I'd say it's a pretty good chance that you did some fairly significant...."
    "Computer: mute audio."
    - Captain Janeway and The Doctor

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Which episode is that from?

8. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

"THE CLOUD"

9. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay. Thought it might be that one. I at least figured it would be an early episode.

10. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

This:

Tuvok I understand
    You are a Vulcan man
    And you have gone without
    For seven years about...
    Etc...

:rommie:

DonIago, Farscape One and NovaStar like this.
  11. NovaStar

NovaStar Commander Red Shirt

"Divine Intervention is Unlikely." - The Doctor :D

Discofan likes this.
  12. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Neelix getting his mouth sealed.

FreddyE likes this.
  13. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I think many viewers must have thought they had magical powers the day that was aired for the first time.:lol:

14. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

Defiler-Of-Redshirts Commander Red Shirt

The scene at the end of "Drone" when 7-of-9's "borg offspring" is dying and refuses to lower his forcefield so the Doctor can fix him, because he's committing suicide for the safety of Voyager's crew. Anyway, I loved how Seven kept giving him orders to comply (so he could be saved) and then momentarily weakened and told the drone, "You are hurting me." I thought that was a very poignant moment. Especially since Jeri Ryan had such good, solid acting chops, she said it in just the right way.

15. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a really touching moment. So often I think of the comedic scenes but that showed Seven's vulnerability.

16. Refuge

I thought that scene with Neelix and his sealed mouth was super creepy!

FreddyE likes this.
  17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Lucky for Neelix that he didn't have a nose stuffing cold that day or they would have had to make a tracheotomy. :lol:

They stole that from the twilight zone: A kid with godlike powers makes everyone around him miserable even the ones he's trying to "help". Among other things, he seals the mouth of his sister pretty much as little q did with Neelix.

18. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

That's the same reason I thought Voyager got GLARINGLY better when they got rid of Kes and replaced her with Seven of Nine - a logical, almost Spock-like, not-quite-human character who had all sorts of interesting moments in dealing with us humans and our emotions/mannerisms. And besides being "easy on the eyes" gorgeous, Jeri Ryan had enough solid acting talent to really pull it off and make it believable.

19. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

P.S., in all the different Trek series I've noticed that the best, most memorable characters are the not-quite-humans who are always puzzling over human behavior - Spock in TOS, Data in TNG, Odo & Cardassian "scenery-chewers" in DS9, and of course 7-of-9 and The Doctor in VOY. I always liked the way VOY fleshed-out the idea of a sentient, holographic lifeform. And these characters always had a wry, subtle sense of humor about us humans.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Refuge likes this.
  20. Refuge

I kind of like the interactions between these types of characters too, though they also differ amongst 'themselves'. Seven and Tuvok can happily spend an hour doing their duties but not talking, (did I say "happily"? ... maybe without insecurity), yet there are differences between the two. Throw The Doctor into the mix and he adds another variation.

I sort of see Seven as having her humanity taken from her and replaced by force. THEN her humanity is forced back on her so her relationship with other humans is both one of finding herself and one of guarded observation. Almost a competition between the two selves she has identified with, Borg and Human. With Tuvok he has worked alongside with and has co-existed with humans and other Federation beings. Yet the dominance of humans has placed him under their command where they both utilise his strength in logic (a quality some humans share) but also judge him for a lack of emotion. Mostly I think Tuvok feels superior but not out of ego, it's just a difference. As for The Doctor he views Humanity and Vulcans and Klingons and Borg as having the very essence he was denied by his very type of existence. The image of a human and the knowledge of a data bank, yet he most definitely exhibits ego, which should come from a 'person'. The Doctor is weirdly complex (as was his creator).

Defiler-Of-Redshirts likes this.