Favorite 'Little' Moments Of TNG...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Farscape One, Oct 17, 2018.

1. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't Stewart's next line along the lines of "Don't touch that!"?

2. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Something like that, yes.

3. Farscape One

Farscape One Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always loved the teaser of "Timescape", when Picard and the rest are recounting their time at the conference. Fun character beats for each of them.

4. swanjun

swanjun Ensign Red Shirt

One of my favorite small moments is from that episode, when Picard draws a smiley face in the warp core breach.

5. I love the part in "Silicon Avatar" when Data reads the journal in the son's voice for the mother. That made me smile :)

haddie moonfall likes this.
  6. haddie moonfall

haddie moonfall Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

i just watched Data's Day and loved it. there were a lot of moments that were fun. it's always been one of my favorites. I like to see 'a day in the life' on the enterprise esp from Data's perspective and the way he views humanity

NewHeavensNewEarth likes this.
  7. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

OT, I really like your avatar of Juliana Tainer, Data's mom. That was a very interesting episode.

DonIago and haddie moonfall like this.
  8. haddie moonfall

haddie moonfall Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

i met Fionnula Flanagan at work about 10 years ago, when i lived/worked in Austin TX. She was very sweet and humbled that i knew who she was. I love her in the movie Waking Ned Devine, possibly my favorite movie of all time.

9. DonIago

Okay, I'm kinda jealous. :) Besides TNG, I really liked her in LOST (where she gets perhaps the most torturous personal time-travel paradox ever) and was kinda thrilled when she showed up in an ENT episode. Oh, she was in DS9 too, but I don't remember her making quite as much of an impression on me there. Looking over IMDb, her credits are quite impressive.

10. Enterprise-Z

Enterprise-Z Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

In the episode A Matter of Perspective when Picard is in the art class and Data comes in, Data makes comments on the other people's art (how good their techniques are) and Picard asks him about his and Data give him the funniest side glance trying to figure out what to say about it before telling him how unorganized his technique is. Poor Picard looks so deflated but it's so funny.

11. Verteron

Verteron Lux in tenebris lucet Premium Member

"Are you familiar with the B'aht Qul challenge?"
    "My upper spinal support is a poly-alloy"

The look on Nu'daq's face when he's on the floor slightly concussed and realises he's outmatched is priceless. I bet a scene like that would pass for Klingon slapstick comedy back on Quo'nos!

I thought him laughing it off was a interesting reaction from a Klingon, I don't know if Worf would have had the same reaction, but it shows the Klingon sense of humour that he sometimes seems to lack.

12. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picard calling Barclay Mr Broccoli still has me explode with laughter :guffaw:

13. DonIago

I felt so bad for both of them after that.

14. jgf

jgf Lieutenant Newbie

Picard and Riker constantly tugging at their uniforms.

Data smoking a pipe, to everyone's irritation.

in Arsenal of Freedom:
    Picard, "Turn it off!"
    salesman, "Why would I want to do that?"

and, peripherally on topic, an old memory, the episode where Lt. Yar asks Data if he is ....um.. and he replies "I am fully functional"; I commented, "I wonder if he's hydraulic or pneumatic", and my ladyfriend blew wine all over herself.

DonIago likes this.