Favoirite Charater in TNG!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dee007, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Dee007

Dee007 Guest

Who's your favorite character in TNG. For me I must say its Lieutenant Commander Data, I just loved the Sherlock Holmes episode Elementary Dear Data.

2. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Data was probably the best character on the show. He made us laugh, he touched our hearts and made us think about what it meant to be human.

In his child-like ways he was a very wise man.

But I gotta vote for Troi's mom. She was hysterical. The ultimate mom-from-hell.

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really liked O'Brien. Especially when they were just creating the character. I love how he really just developed from what was essentially a nameless background actor.

4. Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks Commodore Commodore

Picard is my favorite. He was such a different kind of leader than what I was used to seeing on tv. I really enjoyed his cerebral nature throughout the series and the bond he had with his crew.

5. cmsquared7

cmsquared7 Cadet Newbie

When I was younger I had two favorites. Data and Worf. Now that I'm older and an adult I have to say that Data remains my favorite.

6. RegFan

RegFan Commodore Commodore

Reg Barclay. There's just something so adorable about him. I like every scene he's in.

7. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Data here. TV Series Data is freakin' perfect.

8. Elzie

Elzie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Data! Pure awesomesity!

9. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Barclay and Data. I can relate to each of these characters much more easily than the others.

10. Newski

Newski Captain Captain

I gotta love O 'Brien. They pretty much built him from ground up, starting as an extra and ending up pretty close to part of the regular crew.

Also, as a chubby Irish dude, I can't help but feel optimism seeing him with sexy asian wife...

11. kitsune

kitsune Captain

It's a toss-up between Data, Picard, and Ro Laren, but I'm partial to the young Ro Laren in Rascals. :D

12. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Main Character: Picard
    Guest Character: Q

13. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Worf and O'Brien. But that might just be because I've been watching a lot of Deep Space Nine lately.

14. Joshua Howard

Joshua Howard Captain Captain

I like Data lots, but Picard is the character that I most admire, mainly for the wisdom which his character portrays. Picard mixed with a heavy dose of Data is my idea of a fine time.

After Picard and Data, Warf is without doubt my third favorite character. Picard represents wisdom, Data represents logic, and Warf represents the warrior spirit. All of them together form a nice pantheon of respectable trains and virtues that can be learned from and enjoyed thoroughly.

15. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Same here. I love how both these characters develop over the TNG series and even futher in DS9. Mind you I often want to smack Worf upside the head (a wee bit tricky, as I'm 5'2") whenever he's giving Alexander a hard time.

16. Volvic

Volvic Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Picard bar none. Great character, he constantly evolved and it never seemed forced or looked liked it came out of nowhere (until the films).

He was also never overexposed or stuck in a rut which happened to a couple of characters, imo (Data and Worf).

17. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

Main: Data
    Recurring: Barclay

18. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    As the lead character, Picard is my favorite, followed by Data then Worf and Riker. Least favorite regular was Wesley because of how he was written, while I like the actor. In the middle with a dollop of "meh" are Beverly, Geordi, Troi, and Yar.

As for guest characters, Q hands down is the best, followed by Gowron and Tomalak.

19. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

I liked all of them.

My favourites though were Picard, Worf, Riker, Data and Troi.

Picard had the flaw, IMO, of being too ethical (which I guess is one strength Sisko had over him), but Picard IMO was easily the wisest out of all the five captains. He was also very intuitive, and most of the time sussed out the exact cause of a problem.

20. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

I always loved good old micro brain AKA Mr Worf fair enough the first two seasons all he did was run jump and show his teeth but he got some great storylines after season 1 and 2 .

Probably the best Worf storyline was redemption parts one and two and he had some great one liners !!!:klingon::bolian::techman: