Fans, why do you like VOY?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Warped9, May 30, 2009.

1. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I happen to be a big TOS fan myself but not every Voyager fan is. Also, it's not a requirement for anyone to "pay homage" to TOS or any other show. Speaking just for myself here I watch the shows I like, I come online and post about them if the mood strikes me then I go back to my real life.

This is the Voyager forum. If you would like to discuss Voyager then you're welcome. If you would rather discuss TOS then there's a forum for you to do that in.

2. Karnbeln

Karnbeln Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was NOT dissing TOS. I like TOS. I simply take umbrage at the claim that not directly mentioning the Eugenics Wars meant that the writers had no respect for TOS. Name dropping does not require respect. Smallville name-drops elements of DC comics all the time, but it is NOT at all respectful to the source material.

Oh, wait, I didn't see your tattoo. Guess you win by default because you are clearly such a bigger fan. I take it all back.

3. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally agree with you. Everyone respects TOS (regardless of if they are actual fans of it or not) but I don't think something always has to be done to recognise it. We know it made ST what it is, we know it's where it all started, we respect the original cast but we don't need to show it all the time.

4. Kirk1701

Kirk1701 Ensign Red Shirt

No disrespect to Voyager or the fan base. I love the entire Star Trek franchise, even Voyager. I have been a loving fan of Star Trek for 35yrs. I'm even considering of having portraits of the famous five Starfleet captains tattooed on my upper left leg The tattoo will be the size of a human hand. I wish I had a decent picture of Janeway with her hair down. I find that women with their hair pulled up are unattractive and way too cocky. Does anyone have a decent image of Janeway with her hair down? No picture with Janeway with her hair up. This is what I have for Janeway (See Below). Any picture of Janeway, will be appreciated. You can send pictures of Janeway to captainpicard1701_f@yahoo.com. Thank You.

P.S. I totally agree with you on Smallville. I can not believe that god awfully show is still on the air.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From all the Janeway promo pics, this must be one of the worst.

I personally find "season 6 Janeway" the most attractive from episode screencaps and from promopics. For example, the picture of her in Star Trek magazine (Voyager edition; March 2009) on page 4 is gorgeous.

And of course the legendary pic below. Freaking flawless. :cool: (Pic is from TrekCore)

[​IMG]

But each to their own. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.