Fan Filmmaker's Primer

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Maurice, Dec 9, 2010.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

Just truth!

By the way, the first thing I was reminded of in the opening moments was Cube, but I wouldn't say that this was in any way derivative of it in the slightest. I mean, even if it had influenced you to any degree, you brought plenty to the table that wasn't from that. Cube itself owes at least a little to "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" anyway.

2. Maurice

Maurice Vice Admiral Admiral

I never saw Cube. I did read that Cube has similarities to the "Five Characters" episode.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

One thing I really enjoyed in your film was the timing of the limbo bar striking the floor. It's a small detail perhaps, but if it had been off, I believe it would have ruined the moment. But the timing was spot on, and it made me smile actually.

4. Maurice

Thanks. Once upon a time I did animation and I'm super aware of rhythm and pacing and how many frames it takes your eye register something coming into frame, etc.

5. Maurice

I put together this video of outtakes for the cast and crew, but I thought I'd share it here because it's got some fun "behind the scenes" stuff going on, and in one instance the camera was left rolling accidentally between two takes so you can see me blocking the next shot with two of the actors. I also dropped in a shot where I switch between the camera audio and the second sound so you can hear what a huge difference a proper mic makes.

Suggest you view it full size to see the bug that ruins one take. ;)