Episodes you refuse to watch

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by IronMaiden, Sep 14, 2015.

1. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hoshi never left much of an impression on me, except that - at the time - she was going out with, or living with, Shinzon, in Real Life. Small world, huh?

"... Knife in Side"!!! That had me Laughing Out Loud, for Real, and it's only 7 o'clock in the morning! To me, Archer's cobbled reading of "To Boldly Go" at the end is the "knife in the side." It's extremely odd being there, like it's grafted on, out of nowhere. It doesn't jibe with what we've been seeing, but ... oh! What a tip of the hat to the franchise! Not when it's shoehorned, it isn't.

2. φ of π

φ of π Captain Captain

Sure, These Are The Voyages is fine on its own, it's just an insulting Enterprise episode.

Yanks and Mach5 like this.
  3. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Opposite.

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Hacktually, all three are sh1t. .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  5. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I wasn't aware of that.

Laughter is the best medicine, although I'm not sure I follow you. :D

6. eyeresist

EDIT: Insult deleted

7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I only meant 'Hatchery', 'Vox Sola' and 'Cogenitor', not all of ENT.

But sure, I'll f-off.

8. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

They covered the whales by having their song take a long time to reach the probe, who had been coming to find out what had happened as soon as they went extinct....it just took a really really long time to get to earth. It's in the novelisation I grant you. I believe telepathy was also implied. I have to forgive enterprise as a whole more than that to watch it. Every time I start enjoying the series, it throws something at me I find dull or bad. It still has its highs. I liked the stuff with Surak, the stuff with Trip and T'Pol was well done too...

9. eyeresist

Thanks for clarifying - insult deleted.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those Hatchery kids were totally using Bakula as a toilet, while they were living on him.

11. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

It's far from the show's worst outing, but it didn't need to be in season three since it does nothing to move the plot along.

12. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Just watched it the other night.

I still get a kick out of it :D

I wouldn't call it bad, average episode. The Crew/Maco conflict was awesome.

Willow likes this.
  13. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I saw what you did there.

You don't get a pass just because you deleted it. It was way out of line, and you've been here long enough to know better. Warning for flaming. Comments to PM.

14. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I'm not crazy about Hatchery or (especially) Vox Sola, but come to think of it, Cogenitor wasn't that bad. At least it's an episode that inspires debate, and it's Trip-centric, which is always a good thing.

Yanks likes this.
  15. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad that ENTERPRISE can still offer up something to you that you enjoy, because it's really not a bad show, for what it is. I mean ... it's more of the same, which VOYAGER could get away with, because of its unique and novel predicament. Speaking of novels, it's cool that the whales get a better explanation in the STAR TREK books, but in a way, I find that irksome, as well. I shouldn't need to make extracurricular purchases to clarify franchise canon. Still ... without that, I guess, there's no real point to the novels, but ... what a way to make a living!

16. locutus101

locutus101 Vice Admiral Rear Admiral

The first time I saw vox sola it ruined my appetite. There was no second time.

17. locutus101

I love that word "trip-centric", it's funny.

18. Kevin Thomas Riley

Kevin Thomas Riley Admiral Admiral

In Engineering singing "Kathleen" with T'Pol
    I wouldn't say I "refuse to watch", but whenever I'm rewatching the show I tend to do them all in order, in a kind of completist manner. However I usually end with Terra Prime, skipping the abomination of TATV. Other really, really bad episodes, such as A Night in Sickbay, The Seventh or Twilight, I tend to watch not as attentively as the others.

19. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I am trying to come to Enterprise again now I am more...seasoned. I appreciate its NASA vibe now more I am away from the dreadful pre publicity and indeed from feeling the shadow of quantum leap hanging over it.
    It wasn't so much an extra purchase with the whales...it was the novelisation of the film, which in the olden days was how we got to relive the films and series xD

2takesfrakes likes this.
  20. locutus101

What's wrong with Twilight?