Episode IX Speculation and Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by INACTIVESamusAranX, Jun 4, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't they show him rebuilding it in the teaser?

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Somebody was shown rebuilding it, but the hands were furry and non-human.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and we've also seen him wearing it in other marketing since then.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I already knew the helmet was going to be back, I'm just curious about what makes him decide to wear it again. It'll probably be something as simple as fireproof's suggestion.

5. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, there was that time on Dagobah Luke's head ended up in a Vader helmet. Didn't really mean he had turned.

6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Because Emperor Kylo does what he wants and he wants to wear a mask and brood while staring at Vader’s mask/writing angsty poetry.

saddestmoon, Crewman6 and Skywalker like this.
  7. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Snoke made fun of him for his dorky-ass helmet. Kylo killed Snoke. Kylo therefore now thinks the mask is cool again.

8. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He wears it on Batuu, but I forgot to ask him why.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

here's a more detailed description of the teaser shown yesterday, replace Poe with Kylo at the bottom, it was a typo.
    [​IMG]

10. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Just as a point of clarification:
    Most of the conversation about TRoS' presence at D23 was centered on us only getting a BtS reel, but what we got instead was a Sizzle Reel, and it is said reel that will be released on Monday.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I see him more of a "writes self-insert fan-fiction" type...

Crewman6 likes this.
  12. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

It’s My Immortal but with an incel vibe.

Reverend likes this.
  13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

14. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks great. Certainly looks incredibly epic. Can't wait.

Personally, I highly doubt that Rey actually become a Sith for real. It's probably a vision or deam. Or maybe she pretends to be a Sith at some point to infiltrate Kylo or Palpatine's lair or something. The light saber duel between Rey and Kylo looks amazing!

15. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

In the "good" fleet, I see Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and X-Wings. None of the slow moving canon fodder of the second film. I was hoping to see other types of fighters. Maybe they weren't able to get newer ships.

16. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't super impressed with the sizzle reel. Certainly the nostalgia footage at the start of it was supposed to evoke emotions as well as link the sequel trilogy to the older trilogies, but for me, the sequels still don't have the weight of the other trilogies. The nostalgia scenes felt empty to me, disconnected. This sizzle reel felt like they were going for the feels of the ROTS nostalgia teaser and didn't get there.

There were some things I did like in the sizzle reel. I liked the scene with all the Star Destroyers. I liked when Ren was stalking toward I'm assuming Rey and ignites his lightsaber. The big shocker scene didn't do anything for me. Rey's movements with the lightsaber looked awkward and it would've been great to see her with the blazing yellow eyes if she is actually going Sith, which I doubt.

Right now, I am planning to see Episode IX at some point, in a theater, but it will be more so because of curiosity to see exactly how Abrams brings it all together and to see if he can pull it off. I don't care about these characters, and I feel a bit disappointed about it. I cared about the original trilogy characters and that's what drove my investment in seeing how the original trilogy played out. I cared a bit less about the prequel characters compared to the original characters, and also was curious to see how Lucas would bring about the fall of the Jedi and rise of the Empire, but I still cared a lot more about the prequel characters than the sequel characters or the sequel universe.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Allyn Gibson likes this.
  17. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least we get to see more of those! :techman:

marillion likes this.
  18. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Evil Rey clone? Palpatine's creation after his other creation, Anakin, failed. Excited to see this, not as excited as I was for episode III but the good thing is I have no idea where this is going.

saddestmoon likes this.
  19. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

There is, as well, a CR90 Corvette (Tantive IV) in the fleet. So, we have the classic designs well represented here. I can not identify the other large ship in the fleet. Maybe someone can help with that?

20. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll admit, I don't care as much about the ST characters as I do for the OT characters, but there's a true psychological reason why that's the case. I watched the original Star Wars when I was very young, probably about 3. I will be 40 by the time Rise of Skywalker comes out. Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, they have been a part of my life almost forever. I have watched the original three movies more times than I can count. Up until midway through NJO, I read the Legend books and comics and I've followed some of the new stuff as well. They are important to me because they are my childhood heroes.

And no, I'm not thrilled with the fact that we've lost two out of the big three and will probably lose the third by the time the series is over. But I realized when the new trilogy was announced that this trilogy wasn't my trilogy, much the same way the prequel trilogy wasn't my trilogy. Its for an entirely new generation. I am an OG Star Wars fan. But that doesn't mean that I cannot appreciate what it is they're doing. And I'm emotionally invested. I may not care as much as I do about Luke, Han, and Leia, but I like these new characters. I want to know what happens to them. I'm curious to see how this whole thing will wrap up.

This new sizzle reel is pretty cool. Not that it was ever in any question, but I'll be there opening night. Wouldn't miss it for anything.

ozzfloyd likes this.