Episode Eight Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by JD, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

according to that Q&A, the top of the ship being flat with turrets was requested by Rian Johnson. So it might serve some sort of function.

Saw speculation that Resurgent-class Battlecruisers can dock with it, that round spot in the centre meant for the bottom power core.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've announced that they will be doing a "Find The Force" augmented reality game, which will include reveals of new characters, to go along with the toy release on "Force Friday II", Sept. 1. By scanning special graphics at certain stores and websites, you will get special AR character experiences, which will include both new and familiar characters.
    I tried to find the app on the Google Play store and it's not there, so it looks like it's either not up yet, or you need to get it somewhere else.
    EDIT: The latest addition to the Star Wars Blips series, which are comedic animated shorts focused on the droids, features the porgs.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, it's not a rationale argument, much less one that will be argued away by insisting upon production team comments. The film alone is what will answer it, and even then, since I just saw a wonderful video about Han killing himself being debunked, and comments still saying they agreed with the theory.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think if someone reported them, they could actually get in big trouble for that.

6. fireproof78

Oh yeah

7. C.E. Evans

At the very worst, they'll probably just get a light slap on the wrist, but more likely nothing will happen. They still can't be bought for a couple more days. If they're scanned before that day (even at a self-checkout), it'll trigger a red flag and a cashier will come and take them back.

8. fireproof78

It will depend on the contract. When I was in retail, financial remuneration was possible for the retailer to pay to the vendor if a special marketing display was released too early. Same thing with discounts and the like.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, turns out your Wal-Mart isn't the only one putting stuff early. The store where I work already had Phasma out on the shelf yesterday. I didn't bother saying anything because the books are handled by outside vendors, so I don't know if the other associates could do anything.

10. C.E. Evans

There were a handful of the new figures out at my store--Rey in her new Jedi outfit, Finn, Luke (Episode VII version), Kylo in his new outfit minus the mask, and Rose. No price tags (or tags at all) on the pegs. Still, anyone trying to buy one before Friday will be disappointed.

Of course, by sunrise Friday, their entire stock will probably be sold out.

11. fireproof78

I'll just stick with the "Forces of Destiny" line. Seems ridiculous to me the collector fervor without consideration of what these are actually for-play.

12. C.E. Evans

I think the majority of people who buy Star Wars toys are adult collectors and Hasbro knows this. The whole concept of "Force Fridays" is likely a result of this.

13. fireproof78

Which is unfortunate, in my view. But, I know I'm in the minority.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

15. Tuskin38

New ships from the Sphero App

Supremacy, Mega-Class Star Destroyer:
    It is 60KM wide, it serves as a mobile HQ/Command centre for the First Order, it can build and repair ships
    https://i.imgur.com/bZXQzP9.png
    https://i.redd.it/xvdcqdgbb8jz.jpg

Here is a (fan made) scale chart I saw on another forum comparing it to the ISD, SSD and the Resurgent Class
    https://i.imgur.com/SkjXK2I.png

There is also a new Reistsance ship presumably named after Admiral Raddus from Rogue One, no good pictures of it yet, just this:
    https://i.imgur.com/oZn5Jir.png

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  16. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well that.....ridiculously huge.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that is pretty crazy.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

There's a certain logic to it given that the First Order grew from the remnants of the old Imperial Navy and it's first base of operations appears to have been Palpatine's personal SSD, the 'Eclipse'. It means they never settled a new capital and are almost entirely space based and mobile. This really fits with the notion that the FO learned a lot of lessons from the Rebel Alliance and even adopted some of their doctrine.

19. Tuskin38

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if some of the scenes we saw of Poe and Leia in the trailer were on the Raddus? I'm pretty sure they had the same kind of white architecture we saw on Home One (I think that was the ship in ROTJ).