Episode 9 preview

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Roald, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Roald

Roald Captain Captain

2. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well there is Burnham fighting Klingon in melee combat again. A potential rescue of the Admiral (if she lives). But also likely a serious amount of overjumping with the Spore Drive....which could be very bad.

3. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

Captain pl1ngpl0ng Captain Captain

Huh... Stamets probably, and Burnham.. Klingons,

4. Michael

Michael In alignment with canon Moderator

My guess: as a cliffhanger for the mid-season break Stamets is suddenly disappearing from the ship while using the s-drive and will materialize in the Mirror Universe once the season continues.

5. cultcross

cultcross I served your father in the Brexit wars Moderator

Yeah I'm expecting a glimpse of the mirror universe as a mid season tease.

Other notables: the ship with L'Rell and the Admiral is now in transporter range of Discovery. Handy.
    Seems the piece and harmony thing isn't going too well. Hope those Vulcan martial arts are well honed.

guyute03 likes this.
  6. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is Burnham fighting Kol for the outcome of the war? Like some kind of Klingon single combat thing? Have they reduced it down to that? I totally get that feeling here.

7. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Commodore Commodore

I'm thinking maybe Burnham challenges Kol to a duel to spare the pahvans

8. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a dead Klingon at his feet, so perhaps this is simple boarding action gone bad, with Burnham losing all other weapons with which to kill her enemy?

It's not as if Burnham ought to know anything about Klingon customs (that is, anything beyond what Archer learned, way back), unless Sarek is telekatra'ing her cheat codes known to Vulcans.

Timo Saloniemi

Search4 likes this.
  9. caper_guy

caper_guy Ensign Red Shirt

Stamets not looking good and Dr is there to witness (I'd say he's given a tip by Tilly).

Appears to be some cool tactical maneuvers by Captain, including short-range use of spore-drive, which is likely overwhelming to Stamets, and probably will leave them in a very bad place....

The wildcard for me are the Pahvens (spelling?)...if the whole planet is a cohesive unit, can they do more than just use that antenna for communications?

10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

After Trek showed a scene from the episode. (They have done this with every episode)

Lorca orders Tyler to take a two man team to the Klingon ship, Tyler wants to take Michael but Lorca says no

guyute03 likes this.
  11. caper_guy

caper_guy Ensign Red Shirt

Afraid he'll lose her (too valuable to war effort/his crew)? She'll get too wrapped up in revenge (and cause other problems...again)? Well, by the preview, she ends up making it there anyway....

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  12. Timo

And perhaps out of there, too - we see what looks like her and Tyler on the transporter pads, crouching as if beaming out of a tight spot (rather than beaming in).

And what are their intentions? Is Saru under their control or not? Is Tyler? Is Burnham? Do the Pahvens want peace or bloodshed or something in between? Is their definition of peace something else than domination of the universe?

Timo Saloniemi

13. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

If the Pahvans are anything like the organians they can do lots of stuff. We already saw them "taking over" Saru and transported Ash through (the mycelial network?) and to the crystal transmitter location.

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

By Saru’s own admission they didn’t take him over.

15. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

^ maby not totaly "take over" but the interaction did change him into a pretty brutal dude and was very unlike the Saru we have witness so far.

16. Timo

...Which is exactly what he'd say if they did take him over.

And never let go.

Timo Saloniemi

jespah and seigezunt like this.
  17. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

is there a link to this anywhere so I don't have to sit through all of After Trek? Or at least can someone tell me the minute-mark it's at.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

They seem ashamed to show the ships properly during space battles, everything is rushed or we get the shaky camera & either super tight angles or zoomed out shots.

Kpnuts likes this.
  19. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

They did NOT take him over. They just took away the fear/death he lives with constantly and he found peace. He didn't want to let that go. That's why he did what he did. It was like he was on drugs, if anything.

antinoos likes this.
  20. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I totally said the same thing!!

guyute03 and Michael like this.