Spoilers Episode 7 "Nepenthe"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NCC-73515, Feb 28, 2020.

?

Rate 1x07 Nepenthe

1. 10 - Wild Beard Riker

109 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. 9

95 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. 8

53 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. 5 - Full Beard Riker

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  7. 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  10. 1 - Season 1 Riker

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. hellojane

hellojane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

-Picard reunite with Troi who is very happy to see him. Kestra then shouts again at Riker who is the kitchen. He does't believe that Picard is there but Picard goes in the house with Troi. Everyone is reunited and Riker puts a cloaking device on the house and a shield. They catch up. Troi says Picard can stay in their son's room. Riker calls Kestra his wild girl of the woods and she brings him a rabbit she hunted. They have a cute family action and she runs off after Soji.

Also Kestra, Troi, and Riker speak in these made up languages that I guess Kestra and the brother (who was named Thad) made up

SolarisOne, Cake and Lord Garth like this.
  2. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Someone got called to the front office........

SolarisOne, ITDUDE and Gonzo like this.
  3. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Seconded as the like was not enough.

4. hellojane

-Elnor and Hugh are back with the Romulan sister, Narissa, and she says that because Hugh violated some treaty that she has the right to kill him. Elnor kills all her back up but then the sister throws a knife in Hugh's neck. Elor goes after her but she beams out and Hugh dies

picardjean-luc, SolarisOne and Cake like this.
  5. IconianGetaway

IconianGetaway Ensign Red Shirt

U

I legit teared up when Hugh died. Wonderfully played. Also, no doubt Elnor is going to kill Rizzo. I think the implication from dialogue is that the Sicarian gateway is going to be used to blowup the cube.

Quinton, SolarisOne, ITDUDE and 2 others like this.
  6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Elnor being Georgiou's grandson was a shock. Explains the martial arts skill but G helping form the Tal Shiar is a stretch.

7. hellojane

-on the ship, Rios, Raffi, and Agnes are trying to escape. They figure out their being followed and are trying to lose whoever is following them. Raffi tells Agnes that she's changed a whole bunch since they first met because Agnes doesn't seem excited about Soji anymore

SolarisOne and Cake like this.
  8. IconianGetaway

Lot of great scenes with Soji and Kestra and the Rikers. Picard does not want to endanger them, but they want to help. Troi is aware of Picard's condition.

Soji does not trust them and thinks it is another mind game. Troi and Riker both pretty bluntly tell Picard he needs to be the captain that was compassionate and patient and curious to get Soji to trust him/then.

SolarisOne and Cake like this.
  9. Gov Kodos

Sad seeing Picard finding out about Riker's dementia although Troi telling Riker where to find the room full of naked girls was dark humor hilarious. Nice First Contact ref there.

10. IconianGetaway

Riker and Troi convince Picard to let them help and to pretend the dinner table is the ready room on the Enterprise. They are trying to find Soji's homeworld as anyone there is in danger. Kestra finds the answer by asking another former captain where it is at. La Sirena picks up Soji and Picard. There is a line about contacting Starfleet as well.

picardjean-luc and Cake like this.
  11. Gov Kodos

Should I wait for Jane here?

12. IconianGetaway

Gave the overall spoilers. The scenes on the planet are wonderful and no spoilers can do them justice. I thought the episode was every bit as good as 6, but I love the show. Anything else I can answer, I am happy to.

Quinton likes this.
  13. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Trying to be funny or not believing what other people saw? In both cases cut it out. Your point is clear, but I believe the people who saw the episode.

SolarisOne, Blip and Gonzo like this.
  14. Gov Kodos

I'll believe them, too.

15. hellojane

Also, Agnes realizes their tracking her using the tracking device she took from Commodore Oh and tries to kill herself with this thing to her neck but Rios finds her

-Back at the Rikers, Soji and Kestra are really getting on. Kestra says she's happy Soji is there because since she's technically only 3 years old, that means Kestra gets to be the boss for once. She tells Soji all about Data too

-Troi talks to Picard about her and Riker's son that died. He'd be 18 next week. Later she tells Soji that what he died of could have been cured if there wasn't a ban on synthetics

-Riker figures out she's related to Data because Soji does a head tilt like Data when she's introduced to him

-Troi has a nice conversation with Soji where she sort of gets through to her about Picard and everything, but Soji is still really standoffish. She tells her a story about how her son wanted a homeworld for him and his sister so he made up this world and all these languages. Soji goes off and Troi basically tells Picard and Riker that Soji has been manipulated and abused so she's understandably not trusting

16. hellojane

Just aside, and sorry if this is inappropriate, but I took photos and videos of the show when I was watching it (mainly so I could show my friend later) so I can post those so you all know I'm not just making stuff up lol.

17. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Well it seems Jurati does the right thing finally and disables the internal tracker.

It certainly helps Jurati's cause but it doesn't undo what she has already done.

Narek and Rizzo can still find the location but it will take them a while.

Problem is the Commodore will find out as soon as they contact Starfleet.

18. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

Depends on how they contact Starfleet. Maybe it's a little fanwank-y, but maybe they're able to contact a certain Starship that's out there? Couldn't hurt to have that on your side before you go back to the Admiral.

Blip and Gonzo like this.
  19. IconianGetaway

My favorite bit of the conversation Troi has with Picard and Riker is the..I know I shouldn't say this as a counselor..and then just lays into them a bit about why Soji cannot and should not magically trust them.

20. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

We believe you its just that some are trying to be clever and failing miserably.

As for the pictures that is up to the mods.

SolarisOne and Blip like this.