Enterprise NX-01 in HL2: "Episode Three"/The Closure

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by King Daniel Beyond, Jan 8, 2019.

1. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just finished playing a fan-made version of Half-Life 2: Episode Three (aka The Closure). Even though it ignores lots of Half-Life lore and treats Alyx horribly (she spends most of the adventure crying in a mansion, and then dies a redshirt death), it's a lot of fun.

Very weirdly, it uses assets from an unfinished Star Trek: Enterprise mod, but repurposes everything. Combine fly NX-01 shuttlepods. Computer screens have ENT LCARS graphics on them. And then, when you've battled to the Borealis and gone inside a weird TARDIS-like box inside, you come to this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty much an entire deck of Enterprise NX-01. Only it's not supposed to be the Enterprise, it's presented as a generic futuristic base in which you battle Combine, headcrabs and zombies.
    [​IMG]
    Here's Zombie!Kleiner
    [​IMG]
    Here's Doctor Breen getting executed in Doctor Phlox's sickbay. Earlier, Breen's chair was Captain Archer's command chair.
    [​IMG]
    Here are 2 ECS freighters, repurposed as Combine motherships, crashed in the ice.

It's so strange... like you're watching Independence Day and suddenly Will Smith is running around on the Enterprise except it's the Enterprise sets standing in for Area 51.

Seven of Five likes this.
  2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Archer caused the combine to notice Earth. I freaking knew it! That idiot can't do anything right.

3. KANA

KANA Ensign Newbie

Playthrough of original map from cancelled mod.
    It's unfinished but worth playing.

King Daniel Beyond likes this.
  4. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

So much amazing effort for something to go unfinished :(
    I'm glad it got some use in the end. And I guess the totally bizarre new context probably served to make it even more memorable.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

yeah but where can you get it lmao

6. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Great screenshots!

7. virtualvoyager

virtualvoyager Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I wanted to edit the files for Half life, but I couldn't do anything, this was three years ago.

The tour mode was interesting. I remember it from late 2007. Unfortunately the original team fell apart.