ENT miniseries announced!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mach5, Apr 1, 2010.

1. MikeSussman

MikeSussman Writer-Producer Premium Member

Even had me going, until I realized I've never actually met Damon Lindelof.

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

*Evil eye*

Dead man posting.

:lol: Well, I knew it was "foolie" -- ;) -- but I'm still disappointed that it's not true.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It really stung in 2004 (this thread) because we all were hoping and praying that ENT wouldn't get shit canned!

5. Voyagerian

Voyagerian Commander Red Shirt

On the face of it, I guess you could go, 'Aw, maaan..!' without bursting a gut over it...but, if you're a STE follower, as I continue to be, it does sting a tad..To para-quote the Romulan Cmdr. in ''Balance of Terror'', ''In another reality..we might have had more Enterprise...''

6. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

I think it would be more likely if Mr. Sussman and Manny Coto did any new Enterprise mini series or DVDs since 24 was cancelled. One can only dream....

7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I'd gladly let Braga back on board too. Fixing the *finale* himself would be almost like poetic justice or something...

8. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sussman, Coto, the Reeves-Stevens partnership, add in Mangels and Martin...

Hell, yes, I want this for real. Still.

9. Aquarius

Aquarius Commander Red Shirt

This person has been coming into Enterprise threads and doing drive-by snipings for a while now. It's getting old...and annoying. :rolleyes:

10. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Sorry but for an April fools prank that was pretty transparent and for the record I hate snipers and guns of all sorts....not really sure if you could attain the accuracy necessary to snipe individuals in a moving vehicle.

11. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Aquarius, you're not helping. Making accusations in-thread of inappropriate behavior is itself inappropriate. If you have a problem with another member, please make use of the NM button.

Saquist, the phrase in question is a figure of speech, not a literalism. Pulling a Spock and interpreting it literally isn't winning you any points, either.

This is a joke thread. Joke? Get it? April Fool's Day? Hello?

12. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Nice try, but next time don't be so blatant with the news item, it's too obvious. Something along the lines of "Manny Coto in talks to write Enterprise Miniseries" or "Bakula has been approached to reprise role of Captain Archer for Enterprise 10th anniversary tv movie"

Sorry but I knew that there was a pie in the face waiting at the end of that one.

13. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice try, but we all know what the date today is.

14. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know what the real joke is?

An Enterprise miniseries shouldn't even be incredulous to begin with. Many TV shows have reunited the cast after the fact. The only reason we'll never see one is because
    Paramount is making a killing pushing NuTrek exclusively
    but I digress as it is April fools, and we don't have to take things seriously.

Or do we?

[​IMG]

15. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Sorry, ma'am I thought a witty attempt at vulcan humor would be better than starting an off topic argument.

Sorry, I know I'm harsh on the show.
    I'll let you guys get back to the humor.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

That shouldn't be the problem, really. ENT is already THE connecting point between nuTrek and classic Trek.

A miniseries could feature a completely revamped ENTERPRISE, starting from the NX-01 refit (with a Trek09 style window viewscreen and some nice shiny consoles and displays on the bridge), redesigned uniforms, updated going-to-warp effect...

Hell, the part of the series could even take place on Earth, in San Francisco. An opening scene involving the grand opening of the new Starfleet Academy (imagine Archer cutting the ribbon), just like the one seen in ST XI (that building looked pretty old anyway).

The possibilities are endless, all it takes is a few good men. :D

17. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

LOL!:guffaw: