Enemy Within Script

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by alchemist, Sep 30, 2009.

1. alchemist

alchemist Captain Captain

Does anyone out there have an authentic script for The Enemy Within, final draft, that has numbered scenes? If so, and if you wouldn't mind being pestered with a couple of questions, would you please pm me? I would be internally grateful.

2. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Are you female?

I don't want to make you internally grateful if you're a man.

3. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

I have a feeling this episode was juggled around in post production. There's evidence that some of the sequencing was changed around in regards to the discovery there was a duplicate on board.

Neil

4. alchemist

:lol:

Nope, sorry.

But if you have such a script, you'd make me a very, very happy person! And aren't emotions internal?

5. alchemist

Yes, you're right. Leo Penn, the director, was notorious for rewriting episodes in the editing room. As has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, some scenes in this episode were resequenced during editing.

Additionally, Leo not only shot the script as written, but also a lot of variations of scenes. And therein is one of the problems...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  6. Grant

Most notably they re-arranged the order of the scene where Rand reports the attempted rape.

Clearly it was written that the ENTIRE first two transporter room scenes with Kirk, Spock Scott & the alien dog be joined without separation and come AFTER the Sickbay rape accusation.

They edited it so Scott tells Kirk that the machine made a duplicate dog and NEITHER Spock or Kirk realizes that the same has obviously happened to Kirk as they have been getting reports of anti-social behavior from the minute kirk beamed back up.

As aired, they find the transporter has duplicated the dog and then go to the scene where 2 people say Kirk has tried to rape Rand and Spock says, "We have an imposter on board!"

Imposter?? :lol:

Wow, right after you LEARN for a fact the transporter is creating duplicates you now assume some unnamed party is masquerading as Kirk.

There used to be a proper re-cut on youtube of how the scene would look edited as scripted by i can't find it now.

And come to think of it--if you were a girl and your icon was a picture of you----I still might not want to internally please you---unless the Talosians get to work fast!!

7. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

They are...but that's a poor excuse for mangling a phrase as common as "eternally grateful" . ;)

8. alchemist

You do know that I was originally -- and intentionally -- just kidding, right?

9. Grant

Wow, tough crowd !

I actually thought it was a funny play on words. It's not like he didn't know the difference and he needed some help so he wouldn't get embarrassed elsewhere.

10. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Just as with your original post, you can't read tone in ASCII. I was just playing along.

11. alchemist

DS9Sega and Grant:

Thanks for getting the joke! And next time, I'll use an emoticon to be more clear.
    :beer: