E-Book Pricing Alerts

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Apr 4, 2017.

1. marlboro

marlboro Guest

That's good news. I'm interested in checking these out, but I was a little confused about the proper reading order. With a little searching I found this handy dandy list. Thought I'd repost it in case anyone was new to the MU books like I am.

I think the only thing missing is the short story Freedom Angst from the Seven Deadly Sins anthology. I don't know if the Discovery adaptations have anything to do with the MU as I haven't read them.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool, thanks for posting that. I've been thinking about doing a MU and MryU reread and this will be very useful.

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the tip. I picked up all nine e-books.

4. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Oh, damn! I didn’t realize they were on sale already! Thank YOU for the tip.

5. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

Surprised these are already reduced. Picked them all up, might finally start on Vanguard after I am done with the Voyager String Theory trilogy

6. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I'm not sure about other countries, but this one is also currently available in Canada.

Technically the Typhon Pact sale is still in effect until March 4. Maybe try checking the Vanguard books again after that date?

8. DeepSpaceYorks

DeepSpaceYorks Commander Red Shirt

If it's true then I'm totally fed up, was going to buy the Vanguard ones (not interested in Typhon Pact).

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Bought the eight Vanguard books that I didn't own for $8.40. Should scratch my 23rd century itch for a good long while.

10. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

I was composing a message to S&S UK to query why the discount wasn't happening, having looked again at my wishlisted copy of Harbinger and seeing it still listed at £6.99. Then I had one last search for Vanguard at Amazon, and the price drop was there! It must have literally happened as I was doing that, because it kept throwing up errors about price changes when I tried to buy them.

Finally got them all, but beware, because Open Secrets is £3.99... Still, all 9 entries in the series for less than a tenner!

DeepSpaceYorks and dstyer like this.
  11. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

I think that may have been because today was the legit start of the sale; February's discounts were through to March 4th, according to the website, but for some reason they went up early for US & Canada.

12. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

Very excited to finally have all the Vanguard novels on my Nook! I bought In Tempest's Wake over 5 years ago, so I've working on it for a long time...

13. DeepSpaceYorks

DeepSpaceYorks Commander Red Shirt

This is excellent news, I'm off to pick 'em up right now.

14. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

ryan123450 and Avro Arrow like this.
  15. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Back to $1.99 this month? I wonder if that will change to $0.99 as we get closer.

Three is their smallest selection so far, isn't it? Maybe they'll throw Takedown into the mix... :)

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally they're doing a sale on books I actually need.

17. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

I was eye-balling the Prey trilogy last year, but never bought them due to all the other deals on Trek books that were happening. Glad I waited. There's also the last two Mirror Universe book I am missing that I will pick up during that sale.

I would love to see some early series sales come up soon. We have seen a lot of newer stuff (well, stuff written within the past 15 years I consider recent at least). We got one "beginnings" sale as well, I would love to see a continuation of that. Maybe 2 books each from TOS, TNG, and DS9 that were written during the time the shows were running, or shortly after they concluded?

Sto-Vo-Kory likes this.
  18. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

That would be great! I have most of the recent releases as ebooks, and buy new ones as they come out. I'd love to be able to replace older novels, as well. I long ago ran out of shelf space, and box space is becoming a premium now, too. The danger of living in a house full of readers...

19. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I re-bought Vanguard. I like the paperbacks (some great covers) and I don't want to see them degrade over time.

My copies of "Final Frontier" and "Vendetta" are so well-read they're looking pretty rough these days.

(though PAD remarked to me at a Shore Leave he was happy to see a copy so worn as it had been enjoyed many times)

Brefugee and Jbarney like this.
  20. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

Sto-Vo-Kory, Avro Arrow and JoeP like this.