Dune 2018 (19,20,21...)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wayoung, Dec 22, 2016.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

*Crosses fingers* please be a trailer, please be a trailer.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Agreed, I take it back, Tenet looks really interesting! I didn't think it would be out this year!

RAMA

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I hope so too or else they wouldn't hype it i think - bad news you don't want to hype but just bite the bullet and announce it like all the other studios did this year (man - fall and winter 2020 will be gigantically crowded, there's so many blockbuster movies that had to be pushed to later in the year).

Just doing some cryptic remarks to release a half dozen new stills would actually piss me off at this point - show us finally!

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They already pulled the "we're going to release something", which ended up just being pictures, so hopefully the "something" this time will be a trailer.

5. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guys, remember:. This isn't the movie studio/production companies saying this, this is The Herbert Partnership. The Herbert Partnership does this all the time. The film's advertising department are under no obligation to release stuff because Byron Merritt posted it on Facebook.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I didn't realize the announcement was from the Herbert side of things, I had assumed it was from WB or Villeneuve, or one of the cast members.

7. wayoung

:nyah:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I missed that part, I just saw something about big news.

9. wayoung

So, anyone catch Rick and Morty last week? Pretty sure that was a Dune reference with Morty and Summer.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it, but I'm not sure if I remember which scene you're talking about.

11. wayoung

Summer and Morty got high on starship fuel that turned their eyes blue and gave Summer knowledge

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I honestly didn't think of Dune with all of that, but now that you mentioned I can see where it could be a reference.

13. wayoung

Honestly, Niether did I until after I saw some stills and noticed their eyes were blue then it clicked.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I thought that bit was more of a 'Last Starfighter' thing myself. I mean Summer wasn't actually getting cognative powers, she was just huffing on alien break fluid...

15. wayoung

So this rumour has been floating around for a bit but since it's now appearing on websites (despite not having any source) I figured might as well post it here.

Supposedly the first footage is being attached to the re-release of Inception and then the first full trailer with Tenet, made available online a few days later. Which, as Legendary Pictures made Tenet, that's always been the logical guess for attaching a trailer.

Oh, and Babs Olusanmokan is supposedly playing Jamis according to IMDB.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2129802/?ref_=m_tt_cl_i15

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I was expecting a trailer to be attached with Tenet anyway, so that part's believable.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, same here.

...whenever that may happen.

The Wormhole likes this.
  18. wayoung

Reshoots are scheduled for August in Hungary (regular reshoots, not "this movie sucks and we need to remake it" reshoots).

Of course that is Coronavirus dependant and despite claims this will not delay the film, well, again, Coronavirus...

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to Wikipedia, Hungary currently only has a thousand active corona cases with the new count in the single digits per day for the past week, so maybe things might be okay there in August.

20. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

Ya but in Ireland our numbers are similar so if we do get it to 0 all the focus will be on the borders so as to avoid the current NZ situation so I doubt Hungary are gonna want a load of people flying in from the virus ridden US. I know I wouldn't