Dune 2018 (19,20,21...)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wayoung, Dec 22, 2016.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not space sci-fi, but there is also Tenet, which appears involve some kind of time manipulation.

2. wayoung

wayoung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Herbert Partnership is saying there will be big news soon. Which, is totally non-news and obviously new stuff will be coming soon but, meh, it's a Friday afternoon and why not mention it here.

lurok likes this.
  3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, what do we think? A trailer, or a postponement announcement?

4. wayoung

I'd say either a teaser or another magazine spread, which will be two pages long with 3-4 new photos which will be released days before the magazine comes out. Like the last two times.

lurok likes this.
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

*Crosses fingers* please be a trailer, please be a trailer.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Agreed, I take it back, Tenet looks really interesting! I didn't think it would be out this year!

RAMA

7. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope so too or else they wouldn't hype it i think - bad news you don't want to hype but just bite the bullet and announce it like all the other studios did this year (man - fall and winter 2020 will be gigantically crowded, there's so many blockbuster movies that had to be pushed to later in the year).

Just doing some cryptic remarks to release a half dozen new stills would actually piss me off at this point - show us finally!

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They already pulled the "we're going to release something", which ended up just being pictures, so hopefully the "something" this time will be a trailer.

9. wayoung

Guys, remember:. This isn't the movie studio/production companies saying this, this is The Herbert Partnership. The Herbert Partnership does this all the time. The film's advertising department are under no obligation to release stuff because Byron Merritt posted it on Facebook.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I didn't realize the announcement was from the Herbert side of things, I had assumed it was from WB or Villeneuve, or one of the cast members.

11. wayoung

:nyah:

The Nth Doctor and The Wormhole like this.
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I missed that part, I just saw something about big news.