Dreamed of a new Trek series!!!

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by SharkD, Oct 25, 2008.

1. SharkD

SharkD Lieutenant Red Shirt

I had this awesome dream this morning in which there was a new Trek series. Please forget that Voyager ever existed when critiquing the idea. (You'll see why.)

Basically, the show is about a ship that gets lost in some part of the the galaxy. It features the main DS9 cast, along with Picard and Tuvok. Basically, Cisco is captain and is in charge of day-to-day business with Tuvok serving as his second-in-command. Worf also frequently takes command/pilots the ship itself, like in DS9. Picard, an admiral now, spends most of his time in his office brooding, and tends to only make an appearance during strategy sessions in the ready room. Basically, Picard is a deep thinker, and everyone else takes care of the day-to-day business - kind of like P. Stewart's Xavier character in X-Men.

The general tone of the show is darker and serialized, like Enterprise. Plot threads continue from one week to the next. The crew and ship are definitely outnumbered and under constant threat like in Enterprise and Voyager. However, communications with Star Fleet are not cut off. They are able to communicate with Star Fleet, though the effect is not immediately beneficial. Basically, Star Fleet helps helps them strategize, but is unable to directly commit assets (i.e. ships, troops, weapons) to save them.

LMKWYT!

-Mike

PS: I'm unsure whether the ship was a Star Fleet design, as it had circular windows. Maybe it was a Dominion ship. Speculating further, maybe they got stuck on a Dominion ship when the wormhole collapsed or something, and they then had to find their way home. In this sense, the plot could be a direct continuation of DS9.

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^I'd give it no chance in hell of airing. If it did I'd say it would go maybe 3 episodes before it gets canned due to dismal ratings.

3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

As opposed to the Xavier character that's been in the X-Men comics for 40 years?

4. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

So in this dream of yours they ripped a little bit off from each trek show and even a little bit from Batman (darker tone) and Starwars (circular windows)? You sound like a hollywood writer. Son you might just have a chance...
    No Im kidding...

5. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    What you're describing is season 3 Enterprise, with a touch of Voyager (when Janeway shuts herself in), with Sisko as captain.
    Anything new? (except for circular portholes)

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'm going to move this to Future of Trek.

7. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I'm sure it's cool to dream something like this, but honestly I wouldn't even use it for fan fiction, it's everything you like about your fandom jumbled together.