Dr. Crusher was so hot

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Docbrown777, May 16, 2009.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

Original Trek milf indeed... :luvlove:

2. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice screenshot, a real class act.

Nobody tell him about Celebrity Nude Fakes, we might not hear back from him.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Or even worse, we might hear back ;)

4. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Dr. Crusher, and I've enjoyed Gates McFadden at conventions. She's not hard to look at, but I don't get calling her "hot". Honestly, the only time I've ever thought she looked really good was in the scene when the Duras sisters were looking at her in disgust through Geordi's VISOR in Generations - it was like extra care was taken to make her the opposite of how the sisters were reacting to her.

5. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She is much older now (67). You know: Bone density and such...

My mother is 66, and she is 20cm smaller than she was 20 years ago.

Well, some go with a "fake until proven otherwise" mindset through their life.

6. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

You all need to get laid.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I know that. Tell us something nobody knows.

8. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

You offering? :luvlove:

;)

9. woodstock

woodstock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was in my early 20s during much of the original run and she looked too mom-ish for my tastes, but now that I'm older I see her in a totally different way. Not just beautiful, but sexy too.

10. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's more of a "fake because that's what the evidence clearly suggests" mindset in this case.

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or "fake because it's something on the internet." :lol:

12. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope. :)

13. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Dr. Crusher was constantly annoying, as was her walk. I noticed in the long shots that she was often crossing her feet as she walked - like a model on the runway putting herself on show. It took me out of the character because no one walks like that except models, and so I saw Gates McFadden trying to look model-ish instead of Dr. Crusher.

Her worst and most irresponsible character moment was in "High Ground" when Dr. Crusher attempts to tend to the wounded bodies against Captain Picard's direct orders to return to the ship. So of course she is abducted, her insubordination putting more people and the mission at risk.

Dr. Crusher's best and most accurate character moment was when Q turned her into a barking Irish Setter in "True Q." The hair color and dialog was perfection for all the qualities of the character.

14. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Stuff like this thread: Not helping.

15. Paradise City

Paradise City Commodore Commodore

I've no problem with that High Ground episode and she has some other great episodes. The episode where Worf has the problem with spine is a good one too.

But there's other episodes that misfire. That silly Scottish episode and I maybe going against the grain on this one but she seemed somehow ill-fitting and unconvincing being captain in that lacklustre Lore-Borg cliffhanger.

And I dunno about the "there's something I want to tell you..." running gag she had to trot out before what ever misfortune just happened to intervene.

16. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Eh, I can't find McFadden attractive, as she's too much like a taller red-head version of my mom. Same thing for Nichelle Nichols, who is the spitting image of my grandma if she were black.

Sirtis, OTOH, always worked for me.

--Alex

17. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

This thread is kind of getting a "Babe of the Week" feel. Thought we had moved past all that.

18. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

We? If you mean non-human, sure. Or are "we" not allowed to find people attractive and sexual anymore?

19. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, it's politically incorrect to publicly discuss things that normal people think about.

20. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe she was inspired by the line in the TNG writer's bible, where it said that Beverly Crusher's "has the natural walk of a striptease queen."* Don't forget that McFadden was/is a dancer.

Source: https://books.google.com/books?id=VTifVpk6cekC&pg=PR984&lpg=PR984&dq=Beverly+crusher+%22striptease+queen%22+TNG&source=bl&ots=VYZ0KC9SNF&sig=TKOjyvod5SImr0aoiCkaXx--_FY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH3dD1hpzKAhXL8CYKHVxUAdwQ6AEINjAE#v=onepage&q=Beverly%20crusher%20%22striptease%20queen%22%20TNG&f=false

*You stay classy, Gene Roddenberry.