double loyalty of Odo and Worf (and maybe7of9)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by spetsnaz, Mar 11, 2014.

1. spetsnaz

spetsnaz Ensign Newbie

guys, so are there any novels which explore the thinking and problems Odo and Worf face in terms of their loyalties?

for example is there a novel on how worf faces a situation where klingon empire and federation come into conflict and how he thinks about resolving the conflict of loyalties in his head. same for Odo.

i am really interested in something more than superficial discussion of this issue.

i would really appreciate some guidance on this issue. thank u

:klingon: :borg: :cardie:

2. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For Worf, there is a novel called "A Time to Kill", where Worf is put in a situation where he has to chose between loyalty to Picard / The Federation and loyalty to Martok.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  3. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a Deep Space Nine novel called Vengeance where the station is captured by Klingons during the Federation-Klingon hostilities, and Worf has some loyalty issues, especially as the mindwiped Kurn is in the Klingon force.

4. PKS8304

PKS8304 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

While not dealing with those characters a New Frontier novel that tackles that story theme is the dilemma Mark McHenry faces in "Being Human"

5. spetsnaz

spetsnaz Ensign Newbie

its a shame they never really answered this conflict in the series

6. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's in Worlds of DS9, but it -may- be in Tales of the Dominion War, where we finally get to find out what Kira and Odo talked about in Dax's bathroom. IIRC that's pertinent to the subject.

7. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I seem to remember something along these lines in the DS9 novel Heart of the Warrior, which features Odo meeting Changelings while on a mission in the Gamma Quadrant.

8. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I haven't read the TNG or DS9-YA or even finished the DS9 (adult novel) stories, but the Day Of Honor mini-series featured 3 stories with Worf, and 2 with Alexander. There might've been something in that series.