Doctor Who set/on location reports thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, August can't get here soon enough. The fans are getting irritable.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Or rather, the same people who have always been irritable are still irritable.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:techman:

4. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't he say that? After all, he said 'the fans are getting irritable'. Look it up in the dictionary, it'll say 'irritable, see fans'.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

SciFi Fans, putting the Atic back in Fan ;)

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]
    Look at some series finale pics. ;)
    Well as you can see from the set photos, UNIT and the Cybermen shall be back for the finale (or at least one of the episodes, the page says finale so that's what I assume it is). I for one am thrilled that there are finally classic villains/monsters confirmed for the eighth series, I really have more to look forward to who-wise now! Plus UNIT returning is always great, maybe this episodes will be a nod to "The Invasion" due to Cybermen and UNIT being together in a contemporary setting. Plus the classic series cyberhead also fills me with joy, especially the fact that it's in on the action. Does this mean we might see an entire classic series cyberman? Only time will tell! I was personally hoping for The Valeyard to appear in the finale (maybe he will, maybe he'll even be behind the cybermen) but I am more than satisfied with Cybermen and UNIT! And I'm thrilled there will be more contemporary episodes too!

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Some more on-set photos here of what could be the finale.

The Doctor is wearing a vest under the coat in these shots.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking at those pictures, it looks like Dr. Osgood is now wearing a combination of Tennant and Smith's look. Moreso Smith's, but those are definitely Tennant's shoes she's wearing. Deciding to emulate two of the Doctors she's actually met, or did the Curator want his scarf back?

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think having the buttoned vest under the unbuttoned coat is a distinct improvement to the costume design. I hope it stays.

Looks like UNIT has some new body armor too. Note that it's still styled "U.N.I.T." even though it's now supposed to stand for "UNified Intelligence Taskforce."

I can't figure out whether Michelle Gomez is showing the Doctor something on that device or taking a selfie of the two of them.

10. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry to dissappoint but . . .

It appears that Kate Stewart lays the classic Cyberman head down on the ground to prove something to the new Cybermen. It's probably just a head that UNIT has had in storage.

Mr Awe

11. Green Lantern

Ditto on the vest, the cardigan and top buttoned up coat looked bizarre. The only problem is save for different fabrics, colours and other minor differences (and the bow tie), the twelfth doctor's outfit very much resembles Smith's outfit (boots, semi-long coat, slim fitting trousers and waistcoat).

12. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Hopefully this will utilize the new Cybermen better than Gaiman's episode did. BTW the Cyberhead looks like an Invasion type, which of course used the 'earmuffs' but it could also be I suppose an 80's Cybermen as well-the "Revenge" type had a sort of weird tubing-I think it was that head that was in Van Stratten's museum way back in "Dalek".

13. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems a reasonable guess that....
    The Invasion Cyberhead is a relic from the Black Archive, and either UNIT have attracted the Cybermen by fiddling with it, or the Doctor and/or UNIT have been hoping that fiddling with it might be a way to destroy the attacking Cybermen. Or something else that uses it as a plot device.

14. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oZMY-UiwHw[/YT]

15. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just noticed that the Doctor's wearing a ring. Does anyone recall whether any of the others apart from the First have worn one?

16. Green Lantern

Indeed. The main Problem with Nightmare in Silver is it was too short (which is the problem with all of series 7) plus the story itself was feeble. I also find the new voice not scary enough, I was hoping to go for something more akin to the early cybermen (especially from the first and second doctors eras). That's what I'm assuming, either Invasion or 80s. I doubt it's the same one as in Dalek though because it was set in 2016, so unless this episode is set in 2016 or after, it is not so. It can't be before Dalek either as that one was in one piece while this one is smashed to high buggery.
    Most likely. Either that or the Cybermen were using classic series cybermen in some way and one of them attained some damage, but it's unlikely.

17. Emperor-Tiberius

I can't believe no one has talked about Susan yet. It clearly seems to be saying "Susan? She's been found?" in that video I posted.

18. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Maybe the "nethersphere" or whatever is the universe where Gallifrey is located.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pertwee wore a ring.

20. Emperor-Tiberius

So the 12 is to 3 what 11 was to 2, huh? Interesting.