Doctor Who – 4x13 – Journey’s End (Grade/Discuss)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Servo, Jul 5, 2008.

?

Grade Journey's End

1. Fantastic!

58.2%
  2. Above Average

23.8%
  3. Average

10.9%
  4. Below Average

4.6%
  5. Poor

2.5%
  1. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

Edit:

*sigh*

Look, stick me on ignore if you don't like my posts.

Agreed on both counts. I liked Runaway Bride but I just couldn't see her as a regular, then she pissed all over my silly preconceptions and became my favourite companion... ever.

I love that woman ("comedy" aside).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey MisterG, if it helps, I disagree with you too. I'm just not hardcore enough to feel like arguing the point. :) Besides, readign the OG forums has pretty much burned me out on fannish bickering.
    I do agree with ya on Donna though. But its a damn good thing they rewrote her character first.

3. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

That's absolutely fine by me, honest. ;)

I realise i'm in something of a minority on Journey's End. I just fail to see why that should prohibit me from discussing the subject. Especially in its grade/discuss thread.

4. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Below Average

Weak stuff after the exciting buildup in part one. Yes the science was dodgy, and the motivation for the Daleks was out to lunch (why should they be as bat shit crazy and self-destructive as their gimp, Davros ?) but mostly there was just too many companions crammed into it.

I liked Dalek Caan (who wouldn't), and good performances by Liz Sladen, Catherine Tate and the always brilliant Bernard Cribbins almost saved it.

Almost, but not quite.

5. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Umm... Doctor Who and science have never been bedfellows.

6. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

They were going to be safe. Remember, they recalled all their saucers to the crucible so they'd be protected from the reality bomb. It'd be exactly what Davros always wanted; his virus would kill everything but itself.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finally sat down and watched the last two episodes last night, having managed to avoid spoilers.

Pretty remarkable, and if they're not literally Davies' farewell to DW they'll do for now. Having Rose back was the best part, though her story was wrapped up a little too tidily with the Consolation Doctor.

Overall a bigger, noisier redo of "The Parting Of The Ways" with more deus ex machina elements thrown in (that last has become par for the course in the last couple of seasons). Very enjoyable nonetheless.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Re: Doctor Who – 4x13 – Journey’s End (Grade/Discuss)

Yep.

That whole scene should have played between Rose and Consolation Doctor, though, rather than having him looking at his shoes through most of it while the other Doctor explained everything to her.

9. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

I like this term Consolation Doctor. I hope it catches on.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

It did look like she got a copy of the home game. :lol: