Do you watch the same stuff over and over?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Strider

Strider Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sorry :(.

I'll sometimes watch re-runs of firefly or Mad Men but not very often.

2. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. If there's something I like for some reason, it tends to get a lot of playtime. This tends to be films I like for visual reasons (Metropolis I have seen an unreasonable amount of times at this point).

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I very rarely rewatch movies or TV shows, but for whatever reason, I do re-listen to the same music over and over and frakken over.

I've seen my Dexter DVDs once, maybe twice. I've listened to the soundtrack ten billion times. :rommie:

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't anymore, but as a kid I would watch the same Star Wars and Indiana Jones and Doctor Who shows over and over. When I worked in a video store for four years I would put in the Star Wars and Harry Potter movies over and over again.

5. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles Put your hands in the air like you just don't care Premium Member

I haven't been doing as much rewatching lately, mostly because I've been plowing through a lot of TV shows I either never saw or haven't seen in ages (currently working through My So-Called Life, Freaks and Geeks, and The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency all at the same time :eek:).

Some titles I frequently find myself watching again and again:

Love Actually
    All the President's Men
    Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
    Shaft
    (the 1971 version)
    Cars
    Transformers
    (the Michael Bay version)
    Eddie Izzard: Glorious
    Stardust
    The Family Stone
    Twilight
    (it's like a train wreck... I'm horrified, yet I can't turn away)
    Firefly and Serenity
    McLintock!
    Music and Lyrics

And on the rare event that there's a snow day and I can't make it in to work, I curl up on the couch with a big mug full of hot chocolate and watch the extended version of all three Lord of the Rings films.