Do you love or hate the Ferengi episodes, overall?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Navaros, Aug 17, 2008.

?

Do you love or hate the Ferengi episodes, overall?

1. I love the Ferengi episodes, overall.

65 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. I hate the Ferengi episodes, overall.

29 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. Ezri II

Ezri II Captain

Quark made the Ferengi more interesting.

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You have five seconds to figure out what is wrong with your statement starting . . . now!

Time's up! Have you figured it out yet? If you answered "The Vorta are clones and it doesn't matter if they die because the writers can bring them back in the very next episode" then you are correct! :techman: You have won you and your family a cruise in the Caribbean!

(Please be aware that you have not won a cruise. Any attempt to claim this prize will result in disappointment.)

As for the original topic, I like some (Little Green Men, Business as Usual, The Magnificent Ferengi) and don't like others. Since there is no 50/50 option in the poll so I can't vote.

3. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Ferengi, like Lwaxana Troi, grew on me, from an active dislike to love. Credit Armin Shimmerman for that. Some great deliveries there, and good lines too - my fave is when he agrees with Sisko that Humans are nothing like Ferengi. They're worse.

4. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They def. used them for comic relief. And I kinda agree... I don't really get what was up with Rom and the Nagus... but Rom was smarter than his physical limitations- and remember that time he almost jettisoned Quark into space? The Ferengi was in him... somewhere. I understand Moogie as trying to get back rights- because the Ferengi weren't always the way they are in the 24th C. Because of Rom, I see why Nog does what he does.

Quark I find a great balance between comic relief and alway, always being devious, commiting crimes, and going for profit- which he thinks he should.

5. HRHTheKING

HRHTheKING Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Profit and Lace" and "The Emperor's New Cloak" were very weak

But all the other Ferengi episodes were excellent.

6. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I started out hating the Ferengi and Quark especially. Over time all of these episodes won me over, even the bad ones. I can even find things to enjoy about 'Profit and Lace' which kind of plays out like Three's Company on a space station or something similarly ridiculous.

I did think that they pushed some of them too far into the comedy realm. I don't have a problem with Quark and company being played for laughs, but there were certain episodes and situations where the humor takes over way too much. They should have let the laughs come more naturally and not forced them into every other line screaming "hey do you get that this episode is WACKY!!!!!"

7. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

I pretty much agreen with ninetofive on the Ferengi episodes, some were pretty good, some not so good and some were pretty lame, I suppose that could apply to other Trek character episodes also...

8. dreadpiraterose

dreadpiraterose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I loved the Ferengi episodes, especially Little Green Men. The Ferengi episodes gave us some much needed breaks from the intense seriousness of the series as whole. It was part of a delicate balance, and it worked.