Discovery Klingons: Flat or Bumpy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by intrinsical, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Klingons from 5 years before TOS should have foreheads that are...

1. Flat foreheads

2. Bumpy foreheads

3. Mix of both flat and bumpy foreheads

4. I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kevin Wolff

Kevin Wolff Captain Captain

Perfect. And the reason they are more brutal and devious is because of their augmented human traits. They control the bumpies but also mate with them giving us the softer ridged movie Klingons. Then a bumpy purist movement rises and the flatheads and hybrids are wiped out leaving us with only the more babaric less cunning bumpies by TNG whom are not the best ship builders which is why there are so many 100 year old birds of prey still in service. :)

TIM Thomason likes this.
  2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Klingons should be the swarthy bearded rascals with arched eyebrows from TOS and definitely not turtleheads! Unless the producers don't care and ignore the continuity!
    JB

lstyer likes this.
  3. johnnybear

Lets hope they get the original fitting costume too instead of the loose baggy outfits The Klingons wore in Trials and Tribbulations for DS9!
    JB

4. johnnybear

Only that the Federation and The Klingon Empire had been at peace for three years, a treaty they had honoured to the letter! :wtf:
    JB

Kegg likes this.
  5. johnnybear

The one thing I did like about The Henry Winkler show! :guffaw:
    JB

6. johnnybear

7. johnnybear

I like what I hear! I don't acknowledge the travels of Captain Henry Winkler either my friend! Although I did like The Borg episode a little...:hugegrin:
    JB

8. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I find myself less and less concerned with foreheads these days.

Kegg likes this.
  9. johnnybear

Trouble was in that one they didn't explain why there Daleks from different eras roaming about the corridors on Skaro did they!
    JB

10. Kevin Wolff

Kevin Wolff Captain Captain

I'm fine with skipping the Romulans and using the Remans instead. Since most of Nemesis was throwaway, they could just reintroduce the Remans and even tweak their look to be slightly less nosferatu (but not too much less) and they already wear purple so they fit the decor of the TOS era :rommie:

11. SpaceViking

SpaceViking Ensign Red Shirt

I voted bumpy. The Klingon augment virus was a bad idea and those Enterprise episodes should be ignored.

12. somebuddyx

somebuddyx Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the Trek VI minimalist Klingon foreheads the most. They have bumpy foreheads, to some degree, but normal eyebrows, teeth, noses etc.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  13. Jesse1066

Jesse1066 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My ideal look for the Klingons is what was in the Klingon propaganda video. They have ridges, but lack the long, unkempt, space viking hair that became common after TOS.
    [​IMG]

14. Praetorian

Praetorian Captain Captain

Yes, please! This will fill the void caused by the probably lack of Romulans and Cardassians, when it comes to quasi-fascists totalitarians!

Hail the Klingon Empire!

Give them a cleaner look and a more mischievous mind. Keep the ridges.

In fact, having rewatched the Enterprise two-parter, the impact of the augment virus is left somewhat open ended. Not everyone was affected, even if millions were. And a cure might have been found in the meantime.

I know the episode was intented as an (possible) explanation for the forehead issue, but it can safely be ignored if deemed necessary as, I believe, the writers intended.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

How many times did we actually see smooth-headed Klingons? Just a handful of episodes in TOS. And the characters in DS9 didn't recognize them as Klingons when they time-traveled to the past. From this we can extrapolate that Smoothies were a small minority that happened to congregate in the sector where the 1701 was assigned, and that Knuckleheads were still the majority elsewhere. So it would be unfortunate if we didn't see any Smoothies, but it could easily be justified.

16. locutus101

locutus101 Vice Admiral Rear Admiral

As a Vulcan would say: "Logic demands that there'd be some flat headed ones.... I mean fore-headed;.., I think."

17. SpaceLama

SpaceLama Commander Red Shirt

To be honest I think the Augment virus was total.

18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Total...?

19. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

Total… BS… if I could hazard a guess.

20. WB2

WB2 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Meh, Klingons should always have bumpy foreheads. Not their fault TOS didn't have a budget.