Discovery at SDCC - Consolidated Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by RAMA, Jul 17, 2017.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/888883864055070720
    @TrekMovie 4m4 minutes ago
    #SDCC2017 #StarTrekDiscovery Cast panelists

1. rekMovie.com‏ @TrekMovie 3m3 minutes ago
      Goldsman There has always been conflict in Trek. Search for solution that is not dystopian, but utopian #SDCC2017 #StarTrekDiscovery

0 replies1 retweet13 likes

2. [​IMG]TrekMovie.com‏ @TrekMovie 3m3 minutes ago
      Goldsman-despite how disparate cultures, formation of family unifies. You can chase companionship/belonging #SDCC2017 #StarTrekDiscovery

2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

She may not be that 'unknown' per se - remember in "Journey to Babel" Amamda mentions Spock and Sarek (at that point in time) hadn't spoken in 18 years. Also, Spock was never very forthcomming about his family connections whatever they were.

Proof: Spock never mentioned that T'Pau was somehow in his family circle (remember see officiated at Spock's Pon Farr ceremony - and yes, while the episode "Amok Time" was made before "Journey To Babel" - in Universe, one would wonder why Spock's parents (one or both) were not at his Pon Farr ceremony considering the Mating arrangement WAS made BY his parents arrangement. ;)

Tuskin38 and BillJ like this.
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The timeline won't quite add up if Burnham's actions are what causes Sarek's issues with Starfleet and the long fallout between him and Spock.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

5. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

I wasn't thinking that she causes the rift between them, more that something happens and both of them don't want anything to do with her.

6. BillJ

But why would he still be talking and advising her after joining Starfleet but freeze out his own son?

Have to wait and see.

7. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

8. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

I don't know. But it's a true and faithful prequel to TOS :rommie:

9. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Thank you for uploading it! I can't believe they trolled non-US Trekkies again. :rolleyes:

Fantastic trailer. So much to digest. Right now I can only say: Bring on the show!

10. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

Glad you posted this; I've had the sneaking suspicion that Burnham's "universe-changing act" was something disastrous.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

12. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't upload it, I just found it. I'm a non-US trekkie as well ;)

13. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They just refuse to show us Discovery's bridge. heh.

14. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who says it was Sarek who froze out his own son? It MAY have been something Spock did, or it may have been mutual. Spock is Sarek's OWN blood relation. Sarek probably would expect more 'loyalty' from Spock then he would from a surrogate human. plus remember - Sarek WAS still the Ambassador to Earth and participated in many diplomatic conferences after Spock joined Starfleet.

It's not like Sarek suddenly looked down on Humans (Hell, he MARRIED one), or the Federation after Spock joined Starfleet - I think it was just more disappointment that Spock chose Starfleet over the Vulcan Science Academy. I mean hell the conflicts/differing views situation between them lasted all they way to the TNG era and Sakek's death. However that didn't stop Sarek from continuing his diplomatic duties in the Federation nor stop Sarek from working or continuing to form close relationships with Humans (his second wife Perrin(sp?) was a Human.)

15. Fateor

Fateor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The storyline they seem to be going for would have worked so much better if it had been a decade or two after Voyager.

They could have even tied it into the the war with the Klingons we saw in the future timeline of All Good Things.

16. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Spock is a bit of a jerk. He probably has several siblings and countless cousins.

17. Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror Commodore Commodore

I disagree, those are not "star trek" those are not iconic, they were used for three seasons of a show 50 years ago. The term "away team" is totally identified as star trek, so I am glad they are using it.

18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since that timeline likely didn't play out, there was no reason to have yet another war with the Klingons in the future.

Even though it is a TNG term, and "landing party" was more common in TOS :techman:

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

We know there was a conflict/cold war with the Klingons before TOS.

it fits.

20. BillJ

When hasn't that been the case with the Klingons. Even during peace, it seemed like a cold war was at play. :lol: