Didn't like the movie? How would YOU have made it?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by OneBuckFilms, Nov 12, 2009.

1. The Comedian

The Comedian Captain Captain

Um...okay...

OPENING CREDITS:

The Romulans were created by Man.
    They evolved. They rebelled.
    There are many copies.
    And they have a plan.

Scene: A long disused treaty station in the Neutral Zone. A lone Starfleet officer sits there reading, waiting for a conference with the Romulans that for forty years hasn't materialized.

Suddenly the door opens and a pair of Romulans in powered battle armor come in and take up positions by the door. Then the Romulan Commander, a hypersexy woman in a skintight uniform, comes slinking up to Starfleet Guy, asks if he's human, then kills him.

....what?

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Sorry, but that was dumb even for the NuBSG.

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, It doesn't have to be the homeworld. And make the nova (not super) an artificial event, the accidental destruction is wholly the fault of the Federation. Make Nero's revenge "reasonable".

Without completely changing Star Trek Eleven:

>I would keep the Spock/Uhura relationship, but I would keep it private. No public displays of affection. Secret rendezvous.

>I'm a tech-geek. The movie should not be about tech. But what tech is shown would make sense.

>Lose the milky warp effect, ship move through stars. No star streaks.

>Instead of traveling into the past, make it clear that old Spock and Nero travel into a alternate realm. This would explain the differences between generally know canon and what is shown on screen. This would make absolutely no difference to the general audience, but would make a difference to the hard-core trek base. Make it a brief conversation between Spock and Uhura walking down a corridor.

>Leave the nu-Enterprise as a mega-ship, however in the fleet that travel to Vulcan included two or three ship that are TOS era, 947 foot long, Constitution Class. Slightly change their appearance if TPTB must, but not much.

>After Amanda's death and Spock beams back to the ship, he stops and tells the transporter operator to beam up as many people from the surface as he can as fast as possible. Use all transporter rooms, even the cargo transporters. "Pack the corridors - there isn't much time."

> After Kirk is taken off the bridge, Spock orders a course change to pass close to Delta Vega, except the world is not called Delta Vega, it's T'Kalm
    Uhura: "T'Kalm?"
    Spock: "It is Vulcan's outer most moon and class M.

>On the moon, Kirk is chased by a herd of wild selats. Their attack is broken by a larger animal, also covered in fur - no lizards.

>After Scotty beams into the big water tube, someone on the bridge states that there are intruders in water recycling, not engineering.

>When Kirk and Spock begin to fight on the bridge, other officers on the bridge immediately move in to stop the fight. Spock is still shown to lose control.

>Show the Narada in earth's orbit constantly under fire from the surface and from the moon, but her weapons and shields easily handle it. There is wreakage from a few destroyed starfleet ships nearby. The drill is shielded too, but the jelly-fish ship can penitrate it.

>I would keep untouched: uniforms, warp entry effect, opening of movie with George Kirk.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd add Admiral Ackbar. He and Capt. Robau would have a kick-ass adventure together. The good admiral would warn of traps and Robau would punch the trap in the face.

That's right. I went there.

5. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

And if the film goes well, pay the nerds a much larger check. :bolian:

And yet, it could not detect a small freighter stuck on one of the smaller ships, and it also went down in flames from just 1 fighter ship smashing into the control tower. That ship, just like Vader, has no balls. :rommie:

Plus, as I mentioned, smaller ships can be fine, look at the Defiant class's followers....there's tone of them loving it.

6. punkydrewster

punkydrewster Lieutenant Red Shirt

What this film needed was writers. Not the committee of twelve year old boys who wrote it, but real writers. That and I would have made engineering not look like engineering from the movie space mutiny.