deg3D_TOS.5 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by deg3D, Jun 1, 2008.

1. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow!

2. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thanks guys, glad you like eh. :D

M'Sharak, I don't recall exactly but I believe that it is somewhere along the edge of Rocky Mountain's east ridge, or maybe the east ridge of the Sierras, can't recall exactly, wish I could, as I am a geo-geek myself. ;)

deg.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Gorgeous work. This ship would've looked sweet on the big screen. My compliments.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: deg3D_"Standard orbit Mr. Sulu."

I don't know whether this or Vektor's is my favorite revision of the TOS ship. They're both remarkable.

5. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thanks very much guys, I really appreciate your nice words. Glad you like the shots as much as I do. ;)

I really like putting and seeing E in real life-like scenarios. So cool. :D

deg

6. jediadept

jediadept Cadet Newbie

I very much like your detalied version of the Enterprise.
    May I have your permission to build a model of her?
    Regards

7. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thanks jediadept. :)

Do you mean build a practical real model of her?

deg

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Awesome stuff! I particularly like this one. Feel free to post more renders!

9. jediadept

jediadept Cadet Newbie

I'm not so sure how practical it''ll be, but when I've finished with my Polar Lights 1:350 Enterprise refit; I'd first like to modify a Polar Lights TOS Enterprise kit. Then when the casting and wiring bugs have been worked out, I'll seriously consider modifying my 1:350 Master Replica TOS Enterprise.

She will not be for resale, it's for my personal challenge and enjoyment.

jediadept

10. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thanks dude, I will continue to do so as I make 'em eh. ;) Still have to build some shuttle-craft for some shuttlebay shots I have in mind, exterior approaching as well as interior landed.

Perhaps you know this already jediadept, but in case not, practical models are what 'real" models are referred to these days, now that CG modeling has emerged. And sure dude, have at it, just send or post some pic when you are done with her eh. ;)

I miss my practical days in many ways. Maybe I will build her as my TOS.5 at some point too. In the meantime, love to see what you come up with in that regard eh. :)

deg

11. jediadept

jediadept Cadet Newbie

It was “Practically” a weak pun on my part.
    Thank you for your permission; I understand how protective a designer can become of their work and I didn’t want to step on your toes.

I’d be honored to post some pics for you; With my current work schedule it’ll be about a year out

Thanks again,
    jediadept

12. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Oh sure sure, I got yer pun intended then bud, just wanted to be sure you were playin' one. ;)

And hey, I really appreciate you taking the time to honor me with your request (as the Viking/Klingon in me is big on honor eh), so thanks for that. You show yourself to be an honorable guy in my book eh. :)

And time is not an issue eh, having fun doing it is though. ;)

So have at it, and Live Long and Prosper my friend,
    deg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  13. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Between this and Vektor's work (to say nothing of the other talented folks who "live" here), I need to check my shorts for leakage every time I visit this forum.

14. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

deg, Dude, Congratulations! You've got some of the biggest names in Star Trek design and FX complementing your work! :techman:

A shot at the 2011 SOTL Calender !?! How cool is that!

Congratulations!

Humbly,

Q2UnME

16. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thank you sO much guys, and yeah, it is sO cool beyond words! I'm still spinning eh. My dream come true to have THOSE guys, THEE TREK Guys, giving me such high-praise cred! It's like a dream come true. Wait, not like, it is a dream come true! Seriously, I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm awake! :)

Plus, again, its just so cool to know how happy I have been able to make so many fellow Trekkers with my vision of E. Makes it all the more worth to have built her.

Seriously, when I was building her I keep sorts hearing a like-Field of Dreams voice saying: If you build it, they will come.

And then some, wow! I am just so grateful to Doug, and everyone for such a nice reception of my E. :)

Thanks again my friends!

deg

17. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm indeed happy with your version of the TOS E. :techman::cool:

18. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

This is REALLY outstanding work! More evidence that we didn't need a "redesign" for the new movie....sigh...

Only one fly in the ointment and I'm sorry to bring it up at this late date (I only know found this thread), but you left off the aft torpedo tube. It either rests between the impulse engine vents or the aft end of the secondary hull, depending on whether you accept the visual FX from "In A Mirror Darkly" or the modeler's notes on the Defiant (also a Connie).

19. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, that only tells you that the Defiant had an aft torpedo tube, not necessarily the Enterprise.

20. TK421

TK421 Commodore Commodore

Good God this work is INCREDIBLE!

This is what I was hoping for with the new enhanced CGI TOS episodes.

Here's a challenge. Can you take a live action shot of the bridge, put it in widescreen and detail it up like this?

Would love to see what you come up with.

or engineering, which is probably easier.