Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, May 18, 2017.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Beebo, the blue teddy bear, was an amazing thing actually.

But, I’ll save you time, except for an episode or two, Mick doesn’t have much to do.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, I saw that as I was researching. Of course fake Adrianna and fake Vixen are the focus of the show, they are absolute shit but they are also specifically the creation of the LoT writers. Wouldn't want a character that debuted on the Flash like Mick to get any real screentime. If Sara wasn't "the leader", I doubt she'd get much screentime either. I'm surprised Fake Vixen or fake Adrianna aren't the leader honestly, since the writers are so obsessed with them.

Also, Beebo is the stupidest fucking thing in the CW shows, a complete farce that shows just how little anyone involved gives a shit about anything at this point. Its really sad, honestly. At this point I think that Gotham is less of a parody then LoT and gives more of a shit, and that show seems to actively hate every single part of the Batman mythos with a passion.

3. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

But other than that, you like it?

nightwind1 likes this.
  4. kirk55555

If the thing in question is Mick and Stein, then I like it. Everything else is the worst superhero show on television right now (outside of Legion I guess, but that's not really a superhero show so while its worse, its not in the same category as LoT).

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It and Black Lightning are the best superhero shows on right now. Legion is a trip. I sometimes just watch for the visuals.

nightwind1 likes this.
  6. kirk55555

Legion I'll at least admit puts effort in, I just absolutely loathe both stories that actively try to make no sense and people that take comic source material and actively refuse to actually adapt it (the second reason is why the 70s Incredible Hulk is intolerable to me). Legion may be a lot worse to watch for me then LoT, but I can believe that the people in charge put more effort into it, even if I hate what they do. I guess that makes it objectively better, but its so painful to actually watch that I have to put LoT a bit above it.

7. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Didn't she spend most of Season 2 with Oliver (as the only time we've ever had a proper Green Arrow/Black Canary)? Wasn't the Nyssa stuff pretty adversarial for awhile? Wasn't their relationship mostly off screen and in the past?

8. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I thought of that, and it was a big letdown that they gave it to Nate instead of Ray, enabling the line.

9. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Almost everything in your post I disagree with. Beebo pays off in a spectacular way. Tremendous fun.

Ovation, Nerys Myk and Turtletrekker like this.
  10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not quite, as Sara was never called Black Canary in-story, only in some promotional materials and toys. She was the Canary (a translation of her League of Assassins title Ta-er al-Usfar, meaning "Yellow Bird"), and is now White Canary. The only people to bear the title Black Canary in the Arrowverse have been Laurel Lance and Dinah Drake (and Evelyn Sharp for one episode, but not "officially").

I wouldn't say it was adversarial on an emotional level, just in the sense that Sara wanted to leave the League and Nyssa was under orders to bring her back. But yeah, I guess their relationship was in abeyance by that point. Still, as you say, Sara was pretty much with Ollie at the time, not sleeping around. So Sara being in a steady relationship isn't unprecedented.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally got around to watching the season finale. I kept thinking of some DC character they were going to conjure knowing Constantine is on board for S4 but I was over thinking. It's LoT, it doesn't take itself that seriously, even though I wish at times it would. Giant Beebo.
    The CGI team must've had a blast framing all those sequences.
    Wait, so Jax has a baby now and 5 years has passed for him?!
    Jonah Hex was a nice touch, enjoyed seeing him again for sure.

I would like with Constantine on board for the show to turn a bit more serious. I'd also like to revisit the Hawks. I need a really good Swamp Thing multi-episode mini-arc at some point for sure. Something on Dr. Fate would be much appreciated. Zatanna needs an episode. Season 4 might be a good place to restore/revive Ragman after the events over in Green Arrow. As long as I'm on my wish list I'll toss out Blue Devil and Nightmaster.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Just realized: You know what character absolutely needs to appear on LOT?

Detective Chimp!

He'd fit in perfectly.

Ovation and Kai "the spy" like this.
  13. Christopher

Oh my Beebo, yes. They have to do that. Digitally, of course, rather than mistreating a real chimp.

Although there's the question of how large he'd be. The comics generally portray him as the size of the baby chimps that have traditionally been used in film and TV because the adults are too strong and aggressive to manage. If he's an adult male chimpanzee, he should look more like Caesar in the modern Planet of the Apes series. I guess they could split the difference and make him a relatively scrawny adult, like Bad Ape in War for the PotA. Maybe that's why he pursued a more intellectual career path?

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If he was a Grodd style CGI character, I would totally be up for Detective Chimp.
    I don't think it's so much that time passed differently for him as it is that they just picked up a version of him from 5 years later.

Captain Craig likes this.
  15. Christopher

Yes, of course. Presumably he got their distress call in 2022.

How was that time beacon supposed to work, anyway? It's not like Helen of Themyscira or Kuasa-Vixen would've had access to technology for monitoring temporal signals. So maybe Ava got the signal and went on her own quest through time to assemble a Legends B team? Hey, that could make a cool tie-in comic.

16. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

With the hopes of Swamp Thing appearing it occurred to me a great villian would Anton Arcane. They could even get Mark Lindsay Chapman to reprise the role he played in the television series from the 1990s.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

SEMI-LEGENDS OF TOMORROW?

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Legends of the Day After Tomorrow.

19. Christopher

Legends of Substitute Tomorrow?

Greg Cox likes this.
  20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral