Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

[​IMG]

Looks like we finally have a premiere date. Rumor has it that the Arrowverse's latest installment is scheduled to premiere on Thursday January 21, 2016. The show began filming in September and both Arrow and The Flash have dedicated a chunk of this season to building up the Legends characters to the point where fans have compared it to Iron Man 2 which was panned for being an extended commercial for The Avengers.

What's the show about? About 43 minutes without commercials I'd say and it tells the story of a time traveller named Rip Hunter who travels to our present in order to unite a group of disparate personalities against a threat to mankind. And according to Rip, our group will become legends, hence the title. Check out the sizzle reel here. The show will feature a lot of time travel with rules and consequences, according to one of the producers, something we'll learn more about as the show progresses.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Commander Richard

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Really awesome! Plus a blatant reference to 2 characters who I never expected to be even mentioned in the Arrowverse.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That was fun.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok I have to admit, that was a pretty awesome preview. I wasn't sure at first if this would be an interesting enough group of characters, but judging from this they're all going to be a lot of fun to watch together.

And Captain Cold and Heat Wave actually appear to be really inspired additions now as well.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Firestorm finally gets a proper costume!

And it looks like the rooftop scene from the demo reel actually will be in the show, although at least partly reshot to add more characters.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

"Of all the people in all the world and of all time, I chose you lot, who all come form the same four-year period in the same two towns."

Please.

Loved the Green K though.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't fall for it?

Remember DC 1 Million?

We thought then that it was Kryptonite secreted on Mars, but it turned out to be a Green Lantern Ring.

Hmmm.

Is DC One Million the preeminent Vandal Savage story, or is there something better out there?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I thought so too. But the label on the display case says its an Emerald.

11. Guy Gardener

If it's been in a museum case for the last 300 years, maybe no one who isn't an idiot has reauthenticated it?

Or maybe the name is figurative, rather than geological?

What about the Starheart, the power behind Earth II's Green Lantern Alan Scott?

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The teaser looked great. I'm super excited for the show, it looks to be a great addition to the DC shows (even if its only a short one season show).

13. Guy Gardener

Maybe it's a tryout platform to see which one of these Legends deserves time as a guest on Flash/Arrow, their own show, or deep sixing.

Regardless, the Legends production team is probably 400 people formed from the flash/Arrow Production teams uninterested in a 3 month holiday, and next year, around about the same time, they'll still be just as uninterested in a holiday.

There might always now be a miniseries annually to tide us over, about maybe randomly anything/anyone from the Arrowverse if the WB thinks it can make money and Greg wants to.

14. Christopher

He chose them because history said they would become legends, and they became legends because he chose them. So it's kind of a circular thing. Sort of like Harry Potter and the prophecy. The only reason Harry was important was because Voldemort saw him as an enemy and tried to kill him, which was only because the prophecy said Harry would be his downfall. So it was the prediction that he would be important in the future that made him important to begin with.

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Its probably not his first team and certainly won't be his last.
    Have to say the clip has me excited about this show. Now can the writers hold the group together is the question.

16. Christopher

That sounds more like the Suicide Squad.

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Batman's existence (or at least future existence) was subtly implied as far back as the first episode of The Flash, via a "Wayne Tech" mention in the future newspaper not-Wells was viewing. But yeah, cool to have another reference of him, plus one for Superman. This though is as close as a reference as I'm sure they are allowed to make, due to DC's apparent "embargo" on the characters (Gotham gets away with it because it technically doesn't feature Batman). They had a similar throw-away line on Smallville, where they were forbidden by DC to feature Batman or Wonder Woman. In a season 10 episode, Chloe made reference to to "a billionaire with high-tech toys and a wondrous woman who's going to throw you for a loop".

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  18. Commander Richard

The trailer makes the show feel like something fresh as opposed to leftovers from Arrow or The Flash. And yay for Firestorm getting a costume. And no puffy sleeves. Instead we got the usual pleather.

19. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

That's really derivative.