DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Who? I doubt they will go with someone that unknown.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I don't particularly care for the totally original character that Robbie played in Suicide Squad, being in a James Gunn movie is the only context where the character might work out ok (she's still no more "Harley Quinn" then she is, I don't know, Killer Croc, but Gunn might at least use the character well).

Will Smith and Viola Davis I'd be fine with seeing again, although maybe adjust the writing on Davis's Waller a bit (she seemed more obviously evil then I'd expect, Amanda waller in the comics is an asshole but not really a "shoot my own aides who are probably under a life or death NDA anyway" kind of asshole.

Still, I hope we get some new to the franchise characters. maybe a completely reworked and recast Captain Boomerang, and some different villains (go crazy with it, like having Penguin or The Shade or a fairly A list villain that no one would expect).

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

Anwar and Professor Zoom like this.
  5. kirk55555

God forbid someone not like the character who ripped off the look of a 70s music star and had literally nothing to do with even the shitty post-reboot version of the character from the comics :rolleyes:

I better get out of here before someone starts a lecture about how Jared Leto was actually a really good Joker....

(I say all this as someone who liked the Suicide Squad movie more then probably 80% of the people who watched it, I just consider it a decent popcorn action movie that also just happens to be terrible from a comic adaptation standpoint).

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

crookeddy and Professor Zoom like this.
  7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On a different tangent...any word on the Black Adam movie? Do you think it will have a post credits scene in Shazam? (With that movie's success dertermining if Black Adam will go forward)? From the SIvana scene in the trailer, it seems like the Black Adam role was re-cut to fit in Sivana.

I mean, The Rock's enthusiasm and talent could really make it work, and make Black Adam the DC FU's Loki.

8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Cavill and the Rock's manager are one and the same. From a suggesting on a website, she's holding back the Rock in order for WB to pull the trigger on a raise for Cavill. Take that theory with a grain of salt, but, I sorta believe it.

9. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

No, but since it won't be an origin story, and they're likely counting on sequels somewhere around 30 would be a safe bet.

10. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting.

11. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Leaked set photo of Huntress in costume:

[​IMG]

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is very different from the comics, but not bad.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Eh, it's better than that Stripper outfit she was wearing after No Man's Land.

14. kirk55555

Well that's...mediocre. Honestly, I always liked Huntress' kind of JLA/late 90s ish costume

[​IMG]

Outside of the boots being a bit silly, this looks like something you could do and have it look "realistic" in a movie, kind of an MCU style costume honestly although you'd probably have to drop the cape.

15. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know why you'd have to drop the cape. It is a more Batman-esque style.

16. kirk55555

It just seems like something they'd do nowadays, capes don't seem to be very popular among the "people who thing comicbook heroes need to be "realistic". I figure that Batman and superman get away with it because of how iconic they are. Plus, the crappy Huntress from the Harley Quinn movie doesn't have a cape, so :shrug:

17. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

The costume in this photo doesn't seem to be a final costume though.

18. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean like the leaked Starfire "costume" from Titans

19. kirk55555

Didn't she wear that prostitute suit for a good chunk of that show, though? They even displayed it somewhere (San Diego Comic Con, maybe?). At least this Huntress thing is a leak that might be an incomplete costume. Titans pretty much stuck with its crap.

It is interesting how the Harley Quinn movie will have less psychopaths on the protagonist side then the Titans show has :shifty:

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you actually watch Titans?
    That might work in one of the other series, but this seems to be going for a style a bit closer to what we got in Suicide Squad, which I know some people hate, and that really wouldn't fit in that style.