DC Comics is doing new versions of The Flintstones, Johnny Quest, Scooby Doo, Wacky Races

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jan 28, 2016.

1. S.Gallagher

S.Gallagher Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well I read the Impossible's segments (and some of the other parts), for FQ online, and it's as I feared - the new member really does take attention from the originals and disrupt their interaction! That was particularly the case in FQ10 with the Franky Jr. repair scene - Coil Man, who has great reach and strength when using his power, could have helped, rather than it just being done by Multi and Spare Part Girl with the other 2 originals looking put out - totally undermined their camaraderie which is such a great part of the cartoon - to me, that was NOT the Impossibles.They seem generally out of character for much of the story, too. They had good interaction when they first appeared, seemed like their cartoon selves - but I didn't like that the premise of the original cartoon seemed to be discarded and, as well as the needless new member, they got another dose of the over-done feminist slant of FQ with the original Big D being replaced by Deva - apart from the fact I just don't like this character, (and I could just imagine her sneering at the 'Imps fangirls)!! she has, I feel, a disproportionately large part in the story for a supporting character who isn't even original HB. On the plus side, they did appear in character in FQ5, the odd time elsewhere, and some of the art was really nice, and made them look like realistic versions of their cartoon selves; some showed this much better than others, oddly enough even when done by the same artist; particularly liked 5, 9 and 11 for this, so I did buy those issues for that reason!