Spoilers DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So is that Matt Ryan with the beard? This is a case where I hope, at most. They make a quick joke about him looking like Constantine, and just roll with him as a new character

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

So, a special guest for episode 100 (the third episode of the season, "WVRDR_ERROR_100 <Oest-of-th3-Gs.gid30n> notFound") has been announced (beware minor 100th episode spoilers):
    Wentworth Miller reprising his role as Leonard Snart

Commander Troi and Morpheus 02 like this.
  4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

saw that in another part of the internet that wasn’t so careful about spoilers.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Shrugs...

That’s nice I guess. Was hoping for someone to return who has not been back before.

6. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Entertainment Weekly posted photos from the filming of the 100th episode... spoilers, if you don't want to know who will and who will not be appearing in the episode.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it amusing that they seem to still struggle with doing Steel FX after all this time. It doesn't even look like morphing, the steel effect just seems to splotch atop his face.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why would it look like morphing? There's no change in his proportions, so what is there to morph?

9. Mr. Adventure

Doesn't he turn to steel? I guess it's subjective, I personally didn't care for how it looked and it seems like it always just awkward looking with Nate and his powers. YMMV

10. Christopher

Yes, but, again, why would that entail the morphing effect? Morphing is a digital transition between two different shapes, hence the name, but Nate's steel form has the exact same shape as his normal form. So what is there to morph? Aside from his hair smoothing out to solid metal, maybe.

11. Mr. Adventure

12. Christopher

Yes, of course, since it's a 2-D process, but two images of different shapes. It's the process of calculating intermediate shapes between two different images to create a 2-dimensional approximation of one transforming into the other. My point is, when the starting shape and the finishing shape are both exactly the same -- where every point in the image ends up in the same place it started, just with a different color -- then what do you imagine morphing would look like that's different from what we got here? I genuinely don't understand what you're saying you wanted to see instead. Terminology aside, in your ideal vision, what would the effect actually look like?

13. Mr. Adventure

Oh were off terminology and back to what it should look like? I'm afraid to even say the wrong word here, it just doesn't look smooth or seamless to me as a purely subjective thing, it looks like someone draws gray shapes on his face and then he's in full stiff CG form. Maybe that's fine, I don't know that I'm objectively *right*, it's just my perception while watching it.

End of the day, it's a half-second effect so I guess it doesn't really matter much in the scheme of things.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  14. Christopher

I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. I agree it could be done more realistically with more time and budget, but I'm not sure what technique it would entail. I thought maybe it could be something like the T-1000 Terminator, but from the clips I can find, the effect they used was pretty much the same, just wiping between "liquid metal" shininess and realistic texture -- though that was the 1990s.

15. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

COOL! This is a great way to celebrate this oddball little show getting to 100 eps!