Spoilers DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Wow, Constantine's return from the dead was so arbitrary and off-camera that it reminds me of a certain Star Trek: Lower Decks plot point. Well, I guess they didn't want to kill off the character for good, just in case.

I have to wonder... do Sara and Ava really count as "lawfully wedded" given that they were married 90 years before same-sex marriage was legal in Texas? Strictly speaking, I think they'd have to have a second ceremony in the present day for it to be truly lawful. Although it looks like it may take a while for them to get back to the present...

I also think it's interesting that Spooner sent her mother away before the wedding instead of inviting her to it. Maybe a subtle hint that her mother might not have been ahead of her time when it came to accepting the idea of two women marrying?

I liked the idea of Rory insisting on being there for his alien kids to make up for failing to be there for his daughter. He's really grown a lot, and it's kind of a shame to see that come to an end, although I guess at this point we could say his redemption arc is complete and there's nowhere really left to go.

So now Sara and Gideon are the only original Legends members left. Let's see, the team is now Sara, Ava, Nate, Zari, Behrad, Astra, Gary, Spooner, and Gideon. That's a surprisingly large cast given that we've just had two departures.

Oh, hey, Constantine's departure means they won't be able to use his house as a standing set anymore. I wonder what will take its place.

We only have 5 1/2 weeks until the season 7 premiere. That's a surprisingly short break.

I'm surprised we didn't get more of Matt Lucas as Aleister Crowley. Given that they cast a fairly prominent actor who physically resembles Crowley, I'd really expected him to play the character in the flesh rather than just as a voiceover. But then, the Legends are currently in 1925, when Crowley was 50 years old, just a little older than Lucas. So it's still possible they could meet the genuine article.

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Having the alien babies eat...........you know who. These writers must be on some serious meds.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

... what?

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

On Legends, that's an average plot twist.

5. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I was actually okay with Constantine's return/departure. I liked Zari being able to see him again and get some closure. I really liked John's line "You know, people can change and not change at the same time."

I don't know if Sarah and Ava are "lawfully" wedded, but I think that's irrelevant. The wedding was about love in the face of death IMO. I loved Gary and Ava's scene about the vows. Gary has known Ava longer than anyone else and it was nice to see her treat him as the good friend he's always been to her. Yes, I cried at the wedding. Shut up! :lol: And the final bit with all of them in a circle was beautiful - love wins!

Rory... wow. He's changed SO MUCH. I loved watched Kayla's reactions and she gradually realized he's actually a pretty good guy. And I *loved* his scene with Sarah at the end. As the last 2 original Legends, it was lovely and bittersweet.

I would love to see Matt Lucas play Uncle Al fully!

I think they did a pretty good job overall given the COVID restrictions.

I saw it coming a mile away, but I still laughed my ass off. :lol:

6. Christopher

Yes, of course. "Lawful" does not necessarily mean "moral," as many laws are unjust. But I'm a writer, so word usage matters to me, so when Nate said "lawfully wedded," that didn't seem technically correct.

Plus, assuming they ever get back to leading everyday lives in the present, they'll presumably need to file their marriage license for... whatever legal reasons those things are needed for (like for filing taxes as spouses, I guess), and they'd need a date on the license that would make sense, and I don't think "1925" would cut it. Hence the need for a second ceremony just to get all the legal niceties in order.

It was nice to see Gary getting a scene that wasn't about him being goofy or dumb.

Hmm... getting back to my list of the current team -- Sara, Ava, Nate, Zari, Behrad, Astra, Gary, Spooner, and Gideon -- I just realized that only Nate and Astra are actual DC Comics characters, though Zari is loosely based on Adrianna Tomaz/Isis, and Sara uses the code name of a DC villain, White Canary. It's weird how few comics characters there are in this show, compared to the others.

I mean, a lot of superhero shows and films take the names of comics characters and use them for virtually unrelated characters, like Cassandra Cain in the Birds of Prey movie, or Roger Dooley and Jason Wilkes in Agent Carter, or Lyla Michaels in Arrow before they eventually concocted a way to make her Harbinger after all. So I'm surprised Legends doesn't cannibalize DC character names the same way. I always figured the reason they did that was so the company could claim legal ownership of the characters even if someone else created them.

dupersuper and Commander Troi like this.
  7. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Had a thought while watching the seen between Ava and Gary. Lots of time he's an utter goof but then there are times like that where simply shines.

8. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Ah! Okay, I see what you mean now.

9. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh dear, sweet Legends, promise me you'll never change.

[​IMG]

10. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Why not, he gave Zari the "key".

11. Christopher

Hmm, maybe. But at the moment they're stranded in 1925 with no time couriers. And...

Since the fourth episode of season 7 is titled "Speakeasy Does It," I suspect they may be stuck in 1925 for some time.

12. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

God from the toilet?

13. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Could add new meaning the expression "thunderbox".

14. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do the Time Couriers work independently of the Wave Rider?

15. Christopher

Yes, since they're Time Bureau tech. But I think it was established that the Legends left their Couriers on the ship.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

DC’s Legends of Yesteryear

Pretty wild getting new seasons so soon.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

They took their time. Feels like ages since the last season ended

19. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know we all knew they'd get it back but did they really need to put scenes on the Waverider in the trailer?

20. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it really a spoiler? That one waverider that destroyed the other... you know we would see it again.. the question is how. (And we don't want to see a whole season in the 20s)