Day Of The Dove Fight Scenes

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Spock's Barber, May 27, 2019.

1. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Maybe he meant The Johnnybear Women’s Fan Club...:whistle:

2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was out with the guy who originally gave me that nickname the other night! He is one rich son of a gun! I had a ride in his Jag and he was bragging about how much it had cost him along with his worries about his small antique business! :confused:
    JB

3. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

Yeah, huh? Sounds like just the kind of twerp that prefers Droxine to Vanna. :thumbdown: :D

johnnybear likes this.
  4. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, and another thing Hollywood gets wrong is the idea that getting knocked unconscious is just a harmless nuisance. In real life, it's very bad for you:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HardHead

Star Trek's neighbor Mannix might be the worst offender of all time:
    https://www.metv.com/lists/9-hard-boiled-facts-about-mannix
    "Mannix takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. He was shot, stabbed, beaten up, run off the road. During the show's eight-year run, Mannix was shot nearly 20 times and knocked unconscious at least 50 times."

Kor, Henoch and TREK_GOD_1 like this.
  5. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I find TOS in general has many female fans. But alas they are not here.
    When I've been to special screenings etc there are usually slightly more women than men in the audience.
    IMO this forum is quite blokey, Not saying its a bad thing.

6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

We're here. We don't always post though.

Phaser Two, Henoch and Gary Mitchell like this.
  7. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Be careful! Some of the women on here are real knockouts! :whistle:

[​IMG]

8. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

My perspective is coming from the wrong lane, but I do *sincerely *hope that the blokeiness in this forum is not a turnoff for anyone.

9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The constant drooling over women and commenting on their looks or physical attributes in many threads is rather off-putting to at least some of the female members of the board I've chatted with over the years.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    plynch, GNDN18 and 1001001 like this.
  10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Indeed. I have previously spoken directly to a couple of posters (present in this very thread) about the creepy, pervy nature of some of their posts. I have received complaints and reports.

It really needs to stop.

plynch and GNDN18 like this.
  11. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The constant drooling over women and commenting in their looks or physical attributes in many threads is rather off-putting to at least some of the female members of the board I've chatted with over the years.

Indeed. I have previously spoken directly to a couple of posters (present in this very thread) about the creepy, pervy nature of some of their posts. I have received complaints and reports.

It really needs to stop.

That is perfectly understandable, but can we agree that all these women were deliberately made up, costumed, and photographed exactly to elicit these very reactions back in 1964-69? It seems that the job was done all too well!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  12. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I read that people also break hands (many little bones) when punching heads. The crevices and joint fluid places in the hand are then ripe for hard-to-treat infections. Or so I've read.

And yes, though the women were often meant in part as eye candy, I find the drool emojis, etc. here and elsewhere asinine and immature.