News David Tennant Does a Podcast with...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The Nth Doctor, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Michael Sheen just had to be in on this with David after all the socially distant stuff they've done in recent months, not to mention that Good Omens thing. They have an off the charts chemistry.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Michael Sheen was the last entry of the first season more than a year ago, so I think it's the other way around (well, with Good Omens at the front).

But, yes, their chemistry is godly. :D

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  3. The Nth Doctor

Today's episode is Stacey Abrams!

Turns out that not only is she a Whovian and a Trekkie (as are all three of her sisters), but she also watched a bunch of Doctor Who episodes (end of Martha to the beginning of Donna) as a means to center herself before giving the Democratic response to the 2019 State of the Union address!

As nerdy as she is (she's a big fan of Tennant which extends to also Good Omens), the main focus of this wonderful interview is about Abrams' career as a politician and specifically her work to fight voter suppression. A must listen for all!

Note: This interview was recorded in mid-July so their reflections on the current state of affairs of...everything...are a little out of date.

Next week's episode is George Takei!

4. The Nth Doctor

Today's episode is George Takei and it was a doozy!

While they, of course, talked about Star Trek and its incredible influence in pop culture and beyond, the meat and bones of the interview was Takei's experience in the internment camps during World War II, when and how he decide to come out as gay, and his relationship with his father. It was a powerful interview, one where Tennant spent much of the time sitting back and letting Takei talk about his experiences.

Next week's episode is the one and only Dame Judi Dench!

Turtletrekker likes this.
  5. The Nth Doctor

I don't know if anyone else is still listening but I'm giving this a bump one last time because today's episode is with Neil Gaiman. And, of course, it's amazing!

They talk about all of the different kinds of writing Gaiman has done over the years, including his work with Doctor Who and not just the two episodes.

It was hard to tell because the clip is short and it's mostly her laughter, but I think next week's episode is with Carey Mulligan.

Skellington likes this.
  6. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

It was Billie Piper, not Carey Mulligan, in the latest episode.

I really knew nothing about Billie Piper as a person, only a vague outline of her career, so it was interesting to hear about her upbringing, her early career, and her marriage to Chris Evans (the British presenter, not Captain America). Doctor Who barely gets discussed, and only in how it related to Piper and her development as a person and an actor.

7. The Nth Doctor

Ah, of course. Like I said, the clip was short, so I couldn't tell.

I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet. I've been pretty busy working as poll worker since Thursday (and onward until the end of the month).

Allyn Gibson likes this.