Cyfa's art challenges and other bits & bobs

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cyfa, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BorgMan

BorgMan Captain Captain

That dish... Omg. It looks handsomely alien. Love it!

Cyfa likes this.
  2. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

- Why, thank you both! Although, I'd recommend almost anything else on the menu apart from this... :barf::lol:

- It was intended to be, but I think that Bajoran springwine is a better accompaniment to plastic bath toys... :lol:

- It certainly smelled otherworldly while I was cooking it :barf2::lol:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    gazomg likes this.
  3. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Guess we're happy there's no virtual reality smell :p.. but looks great indeed. :mallory:

Cyfa likes this.
  4. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

Cauliflower and pickled onions are definitely a combination to be avoided, @Santaman!

5. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

The end of the month is fast approaching, and I've only just had a thought as to what I might do for this month's art challenge:

[​IMG]
    This is my very hurried interpretation of the squales (and Aili Lavena) from Christopher L. Bennett's ST:Titan novel, Over a Torrent Sea.
    I didn't have a particular scene in mind when I sketched this out, but the over-excitable orange/red squale seemed to be describing something - the one that got away, perhaps? The squale in the foreground looks like she's saying "Actually, it was only this big..."

I need to spend some time refining their anatomy (I'm not happy with how the tentacles join their bodies - @Christopher, any pointers you have would be gratefully received), and coming up with a scene in which to use them. Hopefully I'll have something ready for the 31st!

6. gazomg

gazomg Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am not sure you need to work out scales sizes, after all these could be alien species so there are no parameters...lol

Cyfa likes this.
  7. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like it!!!

Cyfa likes this.
  8. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

Thanks, @Atolm! Although, I gave up on the squales idea, as the way I imagine their tentacles are joined to their body doesn't really match the description in Over A Torrent Sea. So, instead, I came up with this v.quick attempt at a Starfleet away team mission to the Arcadian homeworld:
    [​IMG]

This is the second appearance by Harpo the Humpback whale (he first appeared in this thread here), this time with a dolphin crewmate, as they encounter an Arcadian (whose head is too small/not bulbous enough). And, yes, that is a Z-Ray/Sinker Zoid repurposed as a Starfleet submersible - I don't know if it's clear enough, but there's a type-11 shuttlecraft in place of the Imperial Zoid cockpit.

9. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

Atolm likes this.
  10. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ferengi!!!

Cyfa likes this.
  11. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain