CSI IS COMING BACK

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jim Klag, Aug 8, 2021.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I watched the first episode. Good enough to keep me watching, not good enough to excite me.

The reason I liked the first few seasons of the original CSI but never got into any of the others was there was a focus on telling compelling mysteries, whereas later the mysteries got less satisfying and they focused on the character drama more. We'll see how this one goes.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Its aired already? Does anyone know if it's being shown anywhere in the UK?

3. JirinPanthosa

Did that character whose name I didn't catch yet say she was raised in Mumbai? She has a super British accent.

4. JirinPanthosa

Is Grissom's voice higher than it was in the original show or am I imagining things?

5. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

It was mentioned that she was from Mumbai and originally planned to move back there after she finished college.

6. JirinPanthosa

The character must have really practiced her British accent. Unless she moved out of Mumbai when she was under 8.

7. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

The actress is British......I worked with her in 2018 on season one of After Life for Netflix.....she was born and raised about 30 miles North of London.

also calling my shot that it is David's wife.......I've felt that way since she was first introduced. She's too good of an actress just to be his spouse. Just my gut.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  8. JirinPanthosa

That's what I figured, but then why didn't they give the character a backstory to explain the accent? Or have her do an American accent like Hugh Laurie?

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm liking the characters a lot but the cases of the week are obnoxious. When they used to have an hour, they felt interesting. Now with 30 minutes of screen time, they feel very rushed. They should have just dropped this on P+ and made it all about the Hodges case.

10. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Have they explained her education/life backstory? Maybe she went to school in Cambridge? You are aware that Bombay/Mumbai was a British Colony until 1947 so there are ways to explain her accent.....I didn't let it trouble me.

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

William Petersen, Jorja Fox, and Mel Rodriguez have all declined to come back for Season 2. Going to be another bit of a reboot.

12. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ted Danson? Laurence Fishburne? Other familiar faces?

Recasting a whole cast always made me loosing interest in a show..... Like Sliders.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's already a new cast mixed in with legacy characters. Maybe if it keeps on going, each season will involve different legacy characters. Maybe ones from New York and Miami too.

14. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

A de-aged David Caruso? Like ....

Q/John de Lancie in ST-Picard.