Spoilers Concering the ones who attacked Mars

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NCC-73515, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Rear Admiral Premium Member

Daystrom won the Nobel and Zee-Magnes prizes aged 24 after inventing duotronics.

2. Danja

Danja Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It reminds me of an old joke:

Q: How do you tell two different species of zebras apart?
    A: One species has white stripes on top of black stripes. The other has black stripes on top of white stripes. :lol:

3. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Based on what we've seen in Children of Mars, Dahj being an android does seem pretty likely to me. If Starfleet doesn't trust synths after the attack on Mars it could explain why Picard is the only one who'll help her, and why he's thinking about Data so much.

It could also explain why the androids we saw in the Picard trailer looked like they were locked up, possibly on the Borg Cube.

As for Jurati, rather than being involved with making the synths, I'm wonder if perhaps she lost someone in the attack, and working in cybernetics is her way of dealing with it.

5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could be a combination of actual historical events they're alluding to. Ryan said at STLV that Seven has reasons to be as human as possible and Del Arco said he was reminded of a certain historical event. Frakes said Ryan shouldn't go into NDA territory, and that Del Arco is dancing right on the edge.

What if the Borg cube is essentially Guantanamo? The Mars attack is 9/11, androids are muslims, synthetic and cybernetic life is oppressed and discriminated, and then Romulan refugees come into all that. I'd actually like that.

tribbleorlfl and dinzy like this.
  6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And Ira Graves in TNG - a contemporary of Dr. Noonien Soong - may have been pretty young himself when he made many of his breakthroughs.

7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Commodore Commodore

I think so as well. Posted pretty much the same thing in the Children of Mars thread before even seeing yours. From the Countdown comic, we know the Romulans are paranoid the rescue fleet is pretext for an invasion. Since this has been years in the making, they offer the Federation bits of Borg tech in exchange for the help. They build in a back door to this, however, so they can hack the Synths at the time of their choosing.

Yes, the 3000 casualty count was pretty blatant.

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Look like Tholians to me from their design. Knowing them through it's Klingons or Cardassions. :)

9. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does it state in the short that "synths" did this? I didn't hear that part.

10. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Commodore Commodore

It's stated on a ticker crawl on the screen featuring Admiral Picard's reaction to the attack.

guyute03 likes this.
  11. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. Totally thought it was gonna be the Romulans who did this. I like this idea, am curious where they go with this and how the Borg factor in.

Lorcan Kelly likes this.
  12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

The Romulans could still be involved.

guyute03 likes this.
  13. TPezz

TPezz Commander Red Shirt

Could the Synths be liberated Borg drones?
    Something like, they weren’t able to fully liberate the drones back to their pre Borg form, and this is the best they could come up with to make them as “human” again as possible?

(I haven’t seen the short, the comic or read through the recent posts, so I’m just basing this off the initial post)

14. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And 2 other tickers we saw before that.

15. thribs

Damn toasters! They destroyed Caprica and now they’re after Mars. :)

16. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I swear, if Picard turns out to be one of the Final Five...

17. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

This figure was obtained as of the time the emergency news update was broadcasted. Which meant by the time the attacks were done, there were more casualties, which would've added to the "'tens of thousands' are dead" cited by Picard in one of the more recent trailers.

18. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

19. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Perhaps the ships that carried out the attack were 100% A.I. - (IE no pilot needed the ship itself is full A.I.)

I think this gives some clue to where Borg tech fits into the STP storyline. Perhaps the Federation felt it knew enough about Brg Tech that it could use it to create A.I. ships and other types of things that would spare having to risk and actual biological living being - and (taking a plot point from BSG2003) - these 'Synths' got fed up and made their displeasure known.

Danja and picardjean-luc like this.
  20. thribs

It's Control. It's back and now has an army of androids. All hail Skynet- I mean Control!

Danja and picardjean-luc like this.