Complaints (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by JRoss, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The Force" runs strong in his hair.

Kor

2. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Of course she can handle it. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a shitty comment to make, though.

3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dark Side is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

4. ConRefit79

ConRefit79 Captain Captain

I always had the impression Luke spent more time on Dagobah than the film shows. The Falcon's hyperdrive wasn't working. And Han said Bespin was pretty far. In reality they probably should not be able to make the trip. But lets say when they left the Star Destroyer they were months away at sublight. So that would give Luke months of training.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It really didn't seem to me the events of ESB took place over the course of months, maybe days at most. But even then I'm dubious. (Aren't Han, Luke and Leia all in the same clothes during the entire movie until they get to Cloud City?)

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm sure making sure they had a change of clothes was foremost in their minds as they rushed to evacuate Hoth. :P

Besides Leia was supposed to be evacuated on a transport ship not the Falcon so potentially any clothes would be on that ship and not the Falcon.

7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that's the general idea. If TESB events occurred in chronological order, the entire battle over Hoth and the escape of the Falcon would have taken place before Luke reached Dagobah.

8. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also doesn't change the fact that for all the cries of 'women do it to men too!', no one has commented on the Hamill, Sydow or Ford's appearence outside of a general 'they look older' until someone decided to take a potshot at Fisher literally looking too good to be real. It somewhat undercuts the claims of 'all things equal.'

Also - I think you'll find women cop a lot more negative attention when they develop baldness than men do. With men, it's expected, if undesired by some. In women, it's seen as freakish or a sign that something is wrong with them. Hell, when STID had a female helmsmen with a shaved head, people assumed she had to be playing a Deltan.