Spoilers Combined Star Trek SDCC Coverage thread (potential Disco S2 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by ITDUDE, Jul 18, 2019.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Seriously. makes the show look more like Mass Effect than Star Trek.

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No it doesn't.

3. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

So much to take in. Seeing Data and Seven where icing on the cake and unexpected.(was her implant cgi?)

The moment I squealed was when Picard was in the turtleneck and put on the FC/DS9/VOY combadge.

Then you have the Borg cube.

And disassembled Data/Lore/B4.

I've also just started watching The Newsroom, and I was delighted to see Maggie will be a part of Picard's crew!

Also are the current Starfleet crew all wearing the AGT combadge? If so, that's a nice bit of continuity right there.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It seems awfully “white”.

5. Cake

Cake Captain Captain

I think they included 7 of 9 because first she fits well into a story including the Borg and second because she is a very popular character. It likely also didn't hurt that Jery Ryan kept busy since VOY and appeared in a few series/movies and still looks really good.

RedAlert likes this.
  6. PT109

PT109 Lieutenant Commander Premium Member

Absolutely loved it. Wasn’t expecting (or frankly hoping for) so many returning names and faces but the ones that are coming back seem to make sense in what little context we have.

One “retcon” that I personally welcome: ridgeless Romulans. https://twitter.com/trekcore/status/1152696057794564097?s=21

PS. Loved to see the 2370s combadge. Resin and spray paint included.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Maybe the girls is some sort of a borg grown human or possibly a new potential borg queen.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Michelle Hurd and Santiago Cabrera are part of the main cast, who appear to be a part of Picard's ragtag crew.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they revealed somewhere that he was programmed to age, so technically they could probably get away with not deaging him.

The girl does have a name, so I guess she's probably not a Borg then.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  10. Cake

Cake Captain Captain

Me, too. Romulans should look like Vulcans. Biological speaking they are practically the same species. The Romulans only left Vulcan a few thousand years ago.

Jadeb, Paul Weaver and PT109 like this.
  11. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Wow. I mean I was excited about Picard anyway, but now I'm freaking out!

Data? Seven of Nine? Hugh Borg? :wtf:

And we have Riker and Troi confirmed as well? :wtf:

With all of this talk about the show being set after the destruction of Hobus, I was leaning toward believing the irrevocably damaging events were related to the Romulans. Having Seven and Hugh there as well as the Borg cube? Now that's really thrown me for a loop.

They've done a great job and keeping the casting surprises tight lipped.

Longinus likes this.
  12. Jarvisimo

Jarvisimo Captain Captain

So which one is Hugh? So much to process!

I love how the beardy vulcanoid is the least vulcan-looking Vulcan or romulan we've ever seen.

13. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

I am readily and aggressively hyped.

14. Tuskin38

So, what I personally got from the trailer is that the Romulans are gathering up Borg technology and the girl is connected to it some how.

PT109 likes this.
  15. Midquest

Midquest Captain Captain

I wonder if the holding room with the children and the guards is in fact *in* the Borg cube, which has been adapted as a Romulan test bed site for recovering and reverse engineering Borg technology.

Also, I wondered if the shot of Picard at Vasquez Rocks might be the same setting as the dusty villa with what appear to be simply clothed Vulcan-esque inhabitants. They look like Mintakans, and the production has photographed the rock outcropping in a way that closely mirrors its appearance in "Who Watches the Watchers?". I can't imagine why Picard would go back there, though, so might one or both of these be a different Vulcan or Vulcan-adjacent world?

16. PT109

PT109 Lieutenant Commander Premium Member

Apologies if this has been mentioned already (this thread is moving fast), but it sure looks like Picard is being interviewed here. Is this what we heard in the teaser trailer?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RedAlert and SJGardner like this.
  17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Learned a thing or two from Sisko. :D

137th Gebirg and The Nth Doctor like this.
  18. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Finally, some Federation television! One of my biggest grievances about world building is finally being soothed a bit. I'm wondering if we've ever seen the end product of their news media before, I only seem to recall seeing reporters. But yeah, the narration from the teaser trailer definitely sounded like a professional interview.

PT109 likes this.
  19. Tuskin38

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised we haven't heard about Micheal Dorn coming back as Worf, he's always been one of the most vocal about wanting to come back